A JonB Front Plate Holder FS

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rather than listing it in the classified, I'm hoping someone local may need my old one? I'll let it go for 50% - call it $27.00 and we'll work out a delivery by hand.

BOMBOVIPER93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually.....I am going to go to Pound Rigde with Chuck on September the 6th and then after the show im gonna leave my car there for a whole bunch of work. :headbang: I'm sure we can work something out as long as you still want to sell. Thanks.

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Uummm, mine worked on my Gen 3 as well as Gen 2.
Well, as it turns out yes, it will work, but actually only the top 2 prongs are able to reach behind the facia to secure the plate. The bottom 2 prongs on the Gen 2 version don't reach on a Gen 3. The top 2 prongs are probably fine alone, but at least I now had some reason to buy a new one! :)

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually.....I am going to go to Pound Rigde with Chuck on September the 6th and then after the show im gonna leave my car there for a whole bunch of work. :headbang: I'm sure we can work something out as long as you still want to sell. Thanks.
Good chance I'll be there 2. Either way Chuck or I (me?) will have it for you. You can bring a check with you then.

Jeff Monheim

Viper Owner
Reaction score
City didnt your new 08 viper come with one (front plate holder) mine did?? I thought they all did!

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
City didnt your new 08 viper come with one (front plate holder) mine did?? I thought they all did!

Well......don't tell any LEO's, but, yes they do come with a metal front plate frame that you must attach by.....drilling holes into the facia. I can even type it!

JonB's front plate frame is a "pop on/pop off" virtually invisible (the attachment not the plate) no drilling means to afix a front plate that WORKS!

I like it becasue I can easily pull over immediately before a tunnel or bridge (where the liklihood of being stopped for a front plate infraction is greatest) and simply "pop" in on the car in 2 seconds.

Jeff Monheim

Viper Owner
Reaction score
City See I learn something every day! I would not Drill any body panel on this car either! I have never used a front plate, and only one ticket that the judge dismissed for me. Well now I know if I need one I know where to get it! I should have known Jon B would have it!

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks City....see u at the show!

OK, Bombo. Chuck's got the plate holder so you'll have it one way or the other. You can just pay Chuck and he can put it on my ongoing "Tator's tab".

City See I learn something every day! I would not Drill any body panel on this car either! I have never used a front plate, and only one ticket that the judge dismissed for me. Well now I know if I need one I know where to get it! I should have known Jon B would have it!

How the heck did you get a judge to dismiss it? You must be pretty persuasive. :D