A pointless story

viperdude118

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This happened yesterday. I was out in the driveway cleaning out my wifes car and I noticed a girl talking to the woman that lives next door. A few seconds went by and then the girl starting walking toward me. She walks up to me and says, "how are you?" "Let me introduce myself, she says" My name is, "(I can't even remember now)" but she says she is in this contest with Boys vs. Girls. She asks if anyone else came and talked to me yet, I said Uh no. Then she has this story about wanted to attend college but not being able to afford too.

By this point she has looked into the garage and noticed the viper. She says, "let me ask you something?" "why do you drive a car like that?" Slightly annoyed I answer Uh I don't know I wanted one for a really long time. She says well its really nice, but I like the Mitsubishi down the street.

Then she says this contest is about earning points so that she can go to college. She then says you get points by dancing and singing to a song that she picks. By this time my wife is out in the garage fumbling around and I point to her. I say hey babe", "do you want to sing and dance so that this girl can go to college?" Then of course my wife says no you can though. I am like uh I don't think so, then the girl is like I am only joking. Don't you want to know how I can get points? I say, okay how do you get points? She whips out a magazine brouchure. She says I can pick whatever I want. I should have figured this was a huge salespitch. I am looking through the choices now, and am saying no I am not interested.

Then she looks at the viper again, and says I'd really like "Import Tuner" and then I go but viper is domestic. She is like, I am a single mom with two kids and I am 24 years old. Then now I am starting to feel slightly guilty since I am only 24 with a house and viper and 2 other cars. I politely declined the magazine offer again, and told her that she really should find a way to get to college though and told her I felt how important it would be for her study hard and just get through it.

Then she said okay thanks, and went on her merry way. I am always intrigued by the money making scams that go on here in Florida. I think the guy at the corner holding the "hungry" sign probably clears more per year than I do, but what are you gonna do.

rcdice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The door to door magazine subscription people drive me nuts. Always some "woe is me story". Need to go to college, keep me off drugs, give me a start in life, religious camp, blah, blah, blah.

I came home one day this summer and found out my wife spent something like $150.00+ on magazines. They pitched my 11 year old first who was almost in tears to my wife that "we have to help him". Please!!! We did get the mags though, albeit at full sub price plus.

Next time they came around I was in the garage. As they started to walk up the driveway, I held my hand up like a stop sign and in a very loud voice simply said "NOTHING!" Guy stopped, nodded and walked away.

handyman_321

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A few years back my wife bought a bunch of mag subscriptions from some con guy. You can only cancel them if you drop a cancelation notice at their office within 24 hours of purchase.

You can be sure I drove the 45 minutes to their office the next morning and told them to stuff their mags and never come back to my house again.

Handy

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This happened yesterday. I was out in the driveway cleaning out my wifes car and I noticed a girl talking to the woman that lives next door. A few seconds went by and then the girl starting walking toward me. She walks up to me and says, "how are you?" "Let me introduce myself, she says" My name is, "(I can't even remember now)" but she says she is in this contest with Boys vs. Girls. She asks if anyone else came and talked to me yet, I said Uh no. Then she has this story about wanted to attend college but not being able to afford too.

By this point she has looked into the garage and noticed the viper. She says, "let me ask you something?" "why do you drive a car like that?" Slightly annoyed I answer Uh I don't know I wanted one for a really long time. She says well its really nice, but I like the Mitsubishi down the street.

Then she says this contest is about earning points so that she can go to college. She then says you get points by dancing and singing to a song that she picks. By this time my wife is out in the garage fumbling around and I point to her. I say hey bab", "do you want to sing and dance so that this girl can go to college?" Then of course my wife says no you can though. I am like uh I don't think so, then the girl is like I am only joking. Don't you want to know how I can get points? I say, okay how do you get points? She whips out a magazine brouchure. She says I can pick whatever I want. I should have figured this was a huge salespitch. I am looking through the choices now, and am saying no I am not interested.

Then she looks at the viper again, and says I'd really like "Import Tuner" and then I go but viper is domestic. She is like, I am a single mom with two kids and I am 24 years old. Then now I am starting to feel slightly guilty since I am only 24 with a house and viper and 2 other cars. I politely declined the magazine offer again, and told her that she really should find a way to get to college though and told her I felt how important it would be for her study hard and just get through it.

Then she said okay thanks, and went on her merry way. I am always intrigued by the money making scams that go on here in Florida. I think the guy at the corner holding the "hungry" sign probably clears more per yer than I do, but what are you gonna do.

Was she HOT!!!!! she must of been for you to able to take it that long

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a person come knocking on my door and when I opened it up it was a pretty hot girl, she gave me the same thing going to college blah blah blah, accept she was sellig calendars, she persisted to say how cute I was, what a nice house I have, Then she said Boy it's hot today and she took off her sweater, man she had the nicest pair of HA HA'S Ive seen in a while. Then she perseded to tell me how cold it was and asked if she could come in. I told her No not interested, she said How come I think your cute. I said thank you and shut the door.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I had a person come knocking on my door and when I opened it up it was a pretty hot girl, she gave me the same thing going to college blah blah blah, accept she was sellig calendars, she persisted to say how cute I was, what a nice house I have, Then she said Boy it's hot today and she took off her sweater, man she had the nicest pair of HA HA'S Ive seen in a while. Then she perseded to tell me how cold it was and asked if she could come in. I told her No not interested, she said How come I think your cute. I said thank you and shut the door.

Wuss!

(hah ha, no, of course I'm only joking!)

I had a black guy tell me almost verbatim that if I didn't subscribe to the mags he was selling, he would be back on the street, burglarizing homes. Its almost like he said, "If you don't buy something from me, suckah, I'm going to break into your house while you are sleeping" That was the plain inference. I sent him away politely.

Those sales reps are trained to take whatever angle they can to sell magazines. Some of them even travel in little packs, like dogs.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

damn, why cant i get people like THAT at my door??

rcdice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a black guy tell me almost verbatim that if I didn't subscribe to the mags he was selling, he would be back on the street, burglarizing homes. Its almost like he said, "If you don't buy something from me, suckah, I'm going to break into your house while you are sleeping" That was the plain inference. I sent him away politely.

Perfect opportunity to educate the young man. I wouldn't have let him leave without a very clear understanding of my absolute belief in the Second Amendment. :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa:

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This happened yesterday. I was out in the driveway cleaning out my wifes car and I noticed a girl talking to the woman that lives next door. A few seconds went by and then the girl starting walking toward me. She walks up to me and says, "how are you?" "Let me introduce myself, she says"

Man, the rest of the world is SO different from NYC! LOL

Right after "how are you" she'd get a quick "fine, W T F ("F" for Feck as in Heck) do you want!". I'm guessing they don't sell too many mags door to door here in the friendly Big Apple! LOL

96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife got suckered into a subscription that came every week, and I finally got tired of it and cancelled it. About 2 weeks after that some leach was calling and pestering my wife to pay the remaining balance. It went on every day for 2 or 3 weeks, and they always called when I wasn't home. Then some ****** bag calls and I answer, he said he was from a collection agency and I owed them $80.00 for a magazine subscription. He then said I owed him for the cost of the magazines from the previous weeks from the time I cancelled. I told him I cancelled the subscription and hadn't received and magazines in well over a month, and then asked him if he would be willing to pay for something he was no longer receiving. After a brief pause he said "...uh, No!" and I replied "So I'm not going to be getting anymore phone calls from you am I?" He said "No sir" and hung up.

These people prey on those that won't stand up to them because they think they can threaten them into paying. It's nothing more than extortion and it should be illegal.

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man, the rest of the world is SO different from NYC! LOL

Right after "how are you" she'd get a quick "fine, W T F ("F" for Feck as in Heck) do you want!". I'm guessing they don't sell too many mags door to door here in the friendly Big Apple! LOL

LOL - No doubt about that

:bonker: :curse: :bonker: :hitfan:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang