A Reminder Should You Have Something Not Working In A Door....

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The weather was great this weekend in SE PA and a perfect opportunity to use the GTS.

I got to my destination, but when I pulled the inside door handle, the door did not open. I used the emergency release.

When I returned home, I removed the finish panel by the door on the outside(the body colored part in front on the door), and pulled the rubber boot from the door and body that holds the wiring that runs to the door.

There was a wire broken clean through...just like when the speaker stopped working. I stripped each end, then carefully worked a new piece of wire through the rubber piece, then soldered each end. The soldered areas were placed in the door and body so that they would not be subject to flex. Viola..door opens.

Just a reminder if something should stop working in one of your doors...look there first.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Good post...Techs tell me that they are seeing more of this type problem as time goes by.

By MY recollection, seems more frequent in early Gen II's...but this is only "an impression" and NOT hard data.

Others should jump in with more info.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960