A sad story with a happy ending...Merry Christmas

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
10Alaska.jpg

We had lost a family pet....Alaska.... she was a beautiful and intelligent wolf. The family was heart broken with her death. My 2 sons 11 and 13 year olds, my wife and myself had a hard time with her passing, but life must go on.

A number of months had passed when my wife went to lunch with some her girl friends and after lunch they decided to go into a pet store to look around.

10Echo1.jpg

This is the result......Echo

There will always be a warm spot in my family's heart for Alaska.... but we have made room for the 8 week old puppy..... Echo.

Merry Christmas....

Cudaman :usa:

Buckeye Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Both of them are incredibly gorgeous. I know how hard it is to lose a pet. They are part of the family.

Merry Christmas to you as well!!!

-Buckeye

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow Echo is awewsome looking :) I never knew you could have a wolf for a pet?? Hmmmmmm intersting ;)

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your pet, sometimes you think they're smarter than half the people you know!!!!! Real hard to deal with a loss...... We have a house full, 2 dogs, 2 cats. The wife and the kid don't deal with that stuff very well.
Best wishes with the new addition to the family!!!!

Mitch

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Great looking Beasts !!! It happened to us December 3 years ago...******* us and ******* the one remaining dog...got 2 puppies the following Jan. that REALLY helped...also a little "distraction" (GTS) from Bill Pemberton at the same time...noting that NOTHING really replaces a Great Animal that is indeed part of the family. Happy Holidays.

S

SUN RA KAT

Ward, sorry to hear of your family's loss. What a beautiful pet you had and now you have a new beautiful pet. Pets are members of your family and a lot of times more like people than animals.

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
congrats on the new pooch, i like dogs more than I like people sometimes so i feel for your loss bro. they truly are like a child or family member and when they leave it hurts just as bad. beautiful wolf, ive had several and there is truly nothing like em

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice dog! Needs an Ice pack for the Bradenton summer months.

I have parrots as pets.........they live 70 years or more and make little poopoo that don't stink. Losing any pet is difficult to deal with. I plan on willing my bird or having him put to sleep if he outlives me.

Merry Christmas!

Tom

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cudaman, losing a pet is like losing a mamber of the family. I am sorry to hear about Alaska. Echo looks beautiful and will be a great pet. I have a blue-eyed dalmatian, Wee-Wee dots. She is 8 years old and comes with me every single day in the truck. Unlike your wolf dog, when it's cold, she needs her sweater and Red Riding Hood fleece! I have saved her DNA for cloning if they can ever do it! Good luck with Echo!

Reaction score
Ward -

I truly can appreciate your sensitivity towards animals. When we adopt them they are just pets. In time we adapt to their individual personalities and soon they become family members. They don't complain if they have a bad day and can't tell us when they feel bad; just unconditional love :laugh:

You did a wonderful thing adopting another member for your home. Your not replacing your loss, just bringing in the warmth and unconditional love animals give us.

Last night I did what may be a silly thing for others, but for me it was imperative. We had our coldest night of the year. I couldn't help but to think about the stray cats that sleep on our patio - some of them are kittens. So, I stopped at Walgreens on my way home from work. I purchased some extension cords & space heaters. I placed some towels down around the heaters. When I woke up this morning they were all huddled around the heaters as if they were soaking up the sun! Cutest sight ever :)

I'm such a pushover for these darn creatures - but you gotta love 'em.

Have a wonderful New Year!

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey CUDAMAN, Good looking boy and beautiful animals. I understand completely how oyu all felt. When my wife lost her canadian white sheppard she was heartbroken, gone but never forgotten we moved on and found her dog sheba reincarnated in beauty...our next canadian sheppard..

207Beauty.jpg

Vip-RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that Ward. I know how you feel. We have had many Boxers in our time and they all leave prematurely. All we can do it give them the best home and treat them with respect while they are here next to us.