A ? to you guys with Carbon Dash Kits.

BlackACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I received my 3 piece carbon fiber kit today. The piece are flat. How do you mold them to the curves of the dash. Will heating them up with a blow drier help???

Halnasp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Originally posted by BlackACR:
Will heating them up with a blow drier help???

Yes, but setting them in the sun for 15-20 mins. should be sufficient. Shape them as close as possible before you remove the backing. Once they're on, they can't be easily moved.

OP
OP
B

BlackACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got it from a disturber off e-bay for $147.00 next day aired. The best part is that its the same kit TNT sells for 369.00. I know my buddy bought one from TNT.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Vip-RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What you do is CLEAN THE SURFACE WELL BEFOREAPPLYING!!!! Test fit the piece. Then heat both the surface and the piece to be applied, but not for 10-15 mins, but enough to where the piece becomes soft and plyable. Make sure to match the smaller details first and then the larger ones. Smooth out the air bubbles and you are done!

Ernie J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW, TNT gets 369.00 for a three piece kit! I bought a seven piece kit from Roe Racing for under 300.00.

Brad Manhattan Beach

Viper Owner
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BlackACR:
I will take my cheesy $147 kit over a $1000 molded kit.
cool.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who makes a one piece solid carbon fiber dashboard for Vipers?

Thanks,

Brad

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang