A Trip To Heffner Performance

TwinTurbo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had to use a little phychology on my wife and so after sending my car to Heffner Performance for a Twin Turbo Install and after a few weeks wanted to see how the install was coming and if my car was in good hands. After all... it was the recomendations of this Viper family that had me convinced he was the best choice. So to make a long story short I asked my wife if she wanted to take a few days vacation and go to Clearwater Beach to which she jumped at the chance and after wining and dining and beaching her I suggested we take a quick 30 min trip to visit Jason Heffner and see how the car was coming along.

To begin I was VERY impressed at the clean, spotless, clean shop he had and learned that it just so happened I timed it right as to a slow period with only a dozen or so Vipers, Lamborgini, Aston Martin, Ford GT, and a Ferrari that were in his shop so mine shouldn't take too long. Well .... to put it lightly I told my wife if those Bill Gates, Warren Buffet type people believed in Jason Heffner I had DEFINATELY made the right choice. They even had their own machine shop to fabricate parts and a dyno!! Also he had taped parts of car so that there would be no scratches! I'm still impressed at his shop, his staff and Mr Heffner.

Anyway wanted to share some pictures I took and also decided to install an automatic transmission to help from missing gears while power shifting. I know now that again I made the right choice by taking some more of my wife's money for a good cause!

My Viper is the Silver One. Wish it could have been the Ford GT but my allowance is limited unlike some others that were there. Can't wait to tell you how it performs after I get it back.
You must be registered for see images

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GREAT pics! Like the Aston Martin looks pretty interesting. And that Lambo green looks darn near like the 2008 Viper color! Thanks for posting 'em...

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jason,

What's going on with the Aston Martin??

SC/TT ??

Very Cool.

Jay K.

Viper ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Viper is the Silver One. Wish it could have been the Ford GT but my allowance is limited unlike some others that were there. Can't wait to tell you how it performs after I get it back.

I will one day Twin Turbo a Viper but until then I can drool over the pics and stories of others. Until then I will enjoy and appreciate what I have now . I would way rather a Twin Turbo Viper than a TT Ford GT any day . Just my own opinion

It's not having what you want . It's wanting what you have . :2tu:

Congrats on the install keep us informed can't wait to hear the stories of your first ride :D

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Mike!! Glad you made it to Heffner's and not surprised you were impressed...your car is coming along great----looks good!! And oh YEAH---Aston Martin, GT, Lambo...you couldn't be at a better place. Hope you get your car back very soon and post pics, and specs (dyno results)...glad you and the wife had a nice vacation as well! ~juli~

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
looks great and you're in good hands.

teach me about that intercooler. it has 2 inlets and 2 outlets ? what kind is that ? whats the difference ?

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yeh, like Chris said, the Lambo Green is awfully darn close to the new Viper green. I kept telling people how hot the color was on a Gallardo, but no one seemed to have seen one....................now we know thanks to Heffner's shop. This will be one very hot color!!!

Jason always has had a great reputation for being finicky , particular , and a bit anal--------and I for one consider those attributes to be huge advantage for Viper customers and others. He takes care of stuff like it is his own. I understand and respect that........immensely.

peakcompletions

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I agree completely. Jason's shop, employees and work is absolutely top notch...

That is my GT which is getting finished... Can't wait!!!! :drive: :drive:

As far as the Aston, that project will be very interesting ;)

mynewviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please let us know how your car turned out and if you were satisifed with his work. I am interested in engine modification and had consider "others" but now I have just about decided on Heffner. Thanks for your pictures. Looks like he does some nice cars.

peakcompletions

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just got off the phone with Jason and can tell you that I am VERY satisfied with the quality and workmanship of Heffner Performance.

gtssnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
HI Kenric,

Which is your favorite car
Viper, GT or 911??
If you could only keep one which would it be??

Thanks,

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi, I would keep the turbo if it was my everyday driver so much more refined than the Viper or GT. Now as far as which one I would keep as a car guy. I would say the GT all the way. The Viper is my favorite just because it was the first true american supercar! But as far as the way a car performs you can't beat a 911 turbo! I was never a Porsh guy but once you drive a turbo it amazes you! Hope that made sense!

Thanks, Kenric

gtssnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Kenric,

That is exactly what I would do too. I only wish I could have the GT and Turbo. I have driven the Turbo and was amazed. I would love to drive the GT.

Thanks,

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery