A word about insurance

prohydro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A word of warning about State Farm:

They are great, and I have saved a ton of money with them too...however: CHECK YOUR PREMIUMS OFTEN!

I finally resolved a case where they double posted a ticket on my account. There was no way they were going to take the blame for it, but I finally went far enough up the chain that it was resolved. When I first called to find out why my insurance rates had been DOUBLED, the girl told me "oh, that's nothing, they do premium readjustments on cars all the time." Ha! It took a month to resolve, but finally did get fixed.

Just make sure to check your premiums every once in awhile...

kverges

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also consider claims.

I have to extend kudos to Progressive. I recently totalled my GTS on track at a drivers education oriented event, and Progressive paid the claim and gave me a very fair amount for my car, unlike the horror stories I have heard about lowball offers. I did not even expect to be covered for an on-track incident, but they had no exclusions. More expensive; yes, but in my case worth it.

Keith

jcaspar1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's funny. When I got a bad ticket in my pickup truck with State Farm, my agent suggested I go to progressive. Is only 1000$ per year (max coverage) for my Viper as the second vehicle and one bad ticket. State Farm was great till I got the ticket and I may go back when it is off my record but they sure raise the rates alot with a ticket.

Reaction score
OK facts, I've got my Progressive policy right here:

Three cars two drivers (me and my wife),

1991 Mustang LX convertible - $346.00
1994 RT/10 Viper - $465.00
1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee - $547.00

Full coverage on all of the above, TOTAL ANNUAL PREMIUM $1,358.00

Yep the Jeep costs more than the VIPER!

Needless to say I'me very happy with Progressive. Rates have a lot to do with where you live, driver experience/history etc.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery