About The guy that is getting screwed by dealership!!!

brettvette

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just called the dealer and was very nice and I got the general mgr on the phone and asked him if he had a viper for sale and he said no, the I asked if he had one and he said yes.
I asked him why he would no sell it to the orginal buyer and he said that "he would not give the car away",then "what made the Vier Club so special because what would he lose if he didn't sell the car to the guy, maybe 2 sells a year and that it didn't matter anyway. He said that he had paperwork from when he purchased the dealership that he didn't have to honor any contracts at all or assume any liabilities of the previous dealership. He was not to scared about the Viper Club or anything to do with this case but he was tired of all the calls and then he hung up on me, very rude when I was very nice the whole time. This proves that he is aggitated about the whole thing so we all need to keep the pressure up!!!!

Can some e-mail the numer of the purchaser to fox news so they could contact him for more indepth information please.

2charmed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It seems DC should get involved since the "Cert" program was
set up by them!
The dealership does need to honor all sales contracts unless they
just bought the assets of the previous dealership, but then the
viper isn't their's to sell is it!

The purchase is dictated by the Cert holder, If I were him, I would have MY car picked up by another dealer and then complete
the transaction through them!

Again, I think DC needs to get involved in this ASAP!

STEVE - JOE ?????

This may not hurt this particular dealer, but it does reflect
badly on DC and the Viper program.
Just my .02 worth,

2charmed

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Gavitt's are monitoring this message board and I was hoping to hear some good news today, but it appears not. I know that they are discussing their options and will consider all the advice given here. Personally, I LOVE the "troubleshooter" one.

And besides, it's a little close to my heart because (check out the buyer's orders) it's GRETCHEN'S car.
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What an @ss.

He should watch himself, he has a business to protect. Doing stupid things like that only motivates people more to spend teh time it takes to totally thrash a reputation. With this guy just starting out, I'd say he's starting with the wrong foot forward. I say get DC involved and make sure the dealer gets allocated a bunch of base model intrepids for the next couple months. Is he a 5 star dealer? There are methods to getting that taken away if you scream loud enough.

OP
OP
B

brettvette

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I forgot to mention that I e-mail Foxs News about this problem hoping that a little news attention might help this guy see the right way to business

E-mail for fox news [email protected]

put something int title about dodge viper please!!!

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NOT CONCERNED about 1 or 2 Viper sales per year. OK. We Viper club members, ladies and gentlemen, don't ever tow our Vipers with Ram Pickups? Our families don't buy Dakotas, or 300m's? The dealership profile I just read shows this family owns quite a few Ford, Chevy and other brands. Is it worth "not giving away" one Viper for the long term sales loss of MANY vehicles? NOT SCARED OF THE VIPER CLUB? Inside Edition.

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My thoughts on this may be a bit different..but here they are. First, none of us know the "real" story. The real story is somewhere between what the dealer and cert. holder are telling us. By everyone calling this dealer I think you are only hurting the cert. holder's stance in getting the SRT. Also, the dealer could probably care less about future sales from VCA members. Let's all be honest, none of us are going to buy a car from this dealer anyway...no matter how this comes out. We all have our preferred dealer. Finally, I'll bet dollars to donuts that Chrysler and the VCA can do practically nothing about it. The car was sold to a dealer...now what the dealer does with it is their business. In the end, I hope they come to an agreement and that it all works out. To answer manasas...no, I tow my Viper with a Ford Bronco and drive a Mustang GT daily. While I have restored numerous older Mopars, my Viper ownership has not made me loyal to DC.

Reaction score
Last year my wife wanted a Lexus 470, it arrived as a 2002 Jeep GC, Overland. Brand loyalty was the winner. The Overland works great for towing. All(4, soon to be 5-SRT, and 6 when the SRT-10 Ram arrives) of our cars are from DC.

Russ Oasis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought about buing a Toyota RAV but bought a Jeep Wrangler instead because of loyalty to DC. A lot of people ask me opinions about cars. I know for sure that at least 2 friends have bought DC cars because of my recommendation. I think that it DOES filter down. That dealer who is welching on the deal <u>will</u> be affected in the long run.

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
But this car was NOT sold to the dealer that ended up with it! The new dealer said he didn't have to honor the deals from the 1st owner. I guess he is able to choose when he wants to honor a deal or not. If the 1st dealer sold the dealership - the car shouldn't have been delivered to the new dealer - if he didn't assume the 1st dealers sales contracts and orders. I would think a contract is a contract. I would be in court right now!

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The car was delivered to the correct street address, but not released to the correct business entity. I think it ought to be hauled back to Detroit and the certificate holder allowed to choose another dealership where they can take delivery. The turds causing the problems should be billed for the shipping.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine