About to place my order for a Yellow '05........have a question....

AHMAD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
About to place my order for a Yellow \'05........have a question....

I was told I can buy one locally for $100 over invoice at $78,300. Is that right? I believe the sticker was $85,***. It is an ordered Yellow SRT-10 loaded(not that there are alot of options). The reason I ask is because when I was looking at 2004s....a 24 month lease then and a 24 month lease now is about $150 difference per month....but the residuals are the same (.71) and the difference in invoice to MSRP should be close too.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ahmad

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: About to place my order for a Yellow \'05........have a question....

While I can't comment on the leasing aspect (never done one), I can say that your pricing on a new Viper could be all over the map. The other challenge is that even though the supply is high right now, dealers still have to wait to get one that was ordered, especially on a brand-new color like yellow. Be careful that the dealer in question doesn't take your deposit and you don't see your car for another six months. While that was somewhat acceptable in the "old days" when Vipers truly were made to order, the fact that they are all virtually identical now means you should be able to get one fairly quickly. A "loaded" Viper is no different from a stripped down base model - there are no options, at least not on the yellow - yet.

My recommendation (and that of many others)? Go with a volume dealership like Woodhouse, Roanoke, or Buhler. Most will treat you VERY fairly on the sale, able to deliver it to your driveway, and will ALWAYS be there after the sale. Many of your "discount" dealers will sell you and forget about you. Try Bill Pemberton at 800-889-1893 and see what he can tell you about pricing, leasing, and availability. You will get the straight scoop in a matter of seconds!

Good luck with your purchase - you have great taste in Vipers. :2tu:

Chris

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

you may wanna wait and see what kinda hp #'s the new coup has.

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ahmad:

Chris' recommendations are excellent. Let me add that you can readily get your best cash deal from any dealer, local or distant, and simply rely upon a good local dealer for service.

OP
OP
A

AHMAD

Enthusiast
Reaction score

True.....I just feel kinda loyal to this dealer because I have bought all my Vettes and all our(my family) other cars from them and they take really good care of us...and they just started carrying Dodge....but if I can get a helluva deal out of state and it is worth my while...I will go for it.

Bill, you got mail!

;)

Also, is the Coupe supposed to be alot less as far as price, compared to the SRT-10 Vert? I may take it to the track but it is mainly gonna be a daily driver so a Vert doesn't bother me too much...and is the Coupe gonna be an '06 or '05 Model?

Thanks,
Ahmad
Thanks everyone for your help!

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Also, is the Coupe supposed to be alot less as far as price, compared to the SRT-10 Vert? I may take it to the track but it is mainly gonna be a daily driver so a Vert doesn't bother me too much...and is the Coupe gonna be an '06 or '05 Model?

Nothing is in stone yet, but if I had to guess I would say that the coupe will carry a $3K premium over the roadster and be badged as a 2006 model. Just a guess on my part. Keep us posted on your purchase!

Chris

CTViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You have to add $3000 Gas guzzler Tax! Price you got is good, as long as they can deliever it ASAP. If you have had good luck with the local dealer fine. I would see which one of the 3 dealers mentioned could do as far as price and how quickly they can get you one. Good luck. :2tu:

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score

Ahmad,

I was in Foothill Ranch Chrysler Plymouth Dodge last week for service and they had a yellow 05 in stock. You should give them a call. They've been very good to me. They're located in so Cal and the car is stored inside. Good luck.

Dan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
userSRTbro_