AC Compressor Wiring all jacked up

AaronFL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi,
I purchased a used 2001 RT/10 and am trying to get the AC working. I noticed the compressor clutch was not engaging. On a closer look, I noticed the wires coming from it were cut. I found a connector with some shredded black and white wires zip-tied out of the way. I am guessing this got shredded and the previous owner just pulled the connector out of the way. Does anyone have any input on getting this thing wired back up? Does anyone know if this connector is one that can be purchased readily? I would like to re-strip the wires from the compressor and wire into a new connector and see if it works. Thanks! I live in Florida and I don't want to sweat my butt off:rolaugh:.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We have both ends of that connector and all terminals in stock, and can supply raw terminals to be crimped or pigtails to be spliced.

Looking at the photo, the retainer broke, and the connector was pulled into the belt.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

AaronFL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Dan! I am going to ghetto wire it to make sure the compressor actually works. I'll contact you for the connectors. They look like hell!

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks Dan! I am going to ghetto wire it to make sure the compressor actually works. I'll contact you for the connectors. They look like hell!

If it doesn't, take the clutch control winding out, and post pictures. It may be repairable. Also, expect to see a bad fuse for that circuit.

OP
OP
A

AaronFL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will do Dan. I checked the fuse and it was okay. Thanks for the help. Thank goodness we have a cold front in Florida right now.

CHAOS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
How does that ac clutch connector get separated when intact? there are two red buttons that dont seem to to anything.

CHAOS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If anyone is wondering push on the bottom of the tab and then when there is enough top exposed pull it the rest of the way out. The red tab (that looks like buttons) pulls out from the top completely and unlocks the fitting. it looks like a treadmill key when removed.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You don't have to remove the red tab completely. It has a "locked" and "unlocked" position.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang