AccuFab Throttle Bodies??

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They're the same ones Roe Racing sells for $50 less:

http://www.roeracing.com/index.html?token=1439430496-1108411485-887930889&A=4&B=Horsepower%20Upgrades

Plus you get Sean's customer service. IF you want them, a no-brainer. The IF being, you're probably wasting your money if your car is basically stock as your sig says. Most people think the results aren't much on a stock or mildly modified car, and some say they actually cause a loss of torque in the midrange.

They seem to work pretty well with Sean's blower though. :)

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually we have seen an average of 5-10 hp gains in stock to mild builds but the torque loss can be great(as much as 30).Unless you have heads/cam or S.C dont waste your money.Bigger is not always better.Remember turbulance is created with larger openings lacking consistant flow.

Reaction score
CDI assembled a motor with ported/polished heads, more aggressive cam, roller rockers, extrude hone intake, CDI headers and endurance components. On their engine dyno the difference between stock and larger throttle bodies was 1 HP. I doubt that the repeatability is much better than 1 HP of 630 HP. Save your TB money and take a Driving School.

OP
OP
M

MKB96Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks guys,
I know all the pro's and con's of the throttle bodies and have been building racing motors for years. I was just inquiring about the quality of Accufab. I came from the GM crowd where Holley/BBK/Edelbrock/ASM were the big T/B suppliers. I hadn't heard of Accufab. I have much bigger plans than just the T/B but I appreciate your comments and concerns. Like most of us, the T/B is only the tip of the iceburg!!
:D :2tu:

God Bless,
Keith

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keith, there are no worries about Accufab's quality. If you were a 'stanger you probably would have heard all about Accufab as its owner, John Mihovetz, is a big-time Mustang drag racer. Last I heard he was running 6's I think.

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keep in mind that bolting them on without removing the intake is a total waste of time and money. You need to remove your intake and port match it to the TB's. There is horsepower there, but like most say, I agree it will only be realized on a car that has better flow. (heads, cam, exhaust, rockers, etc)