ACR 08 Oil Temperature

LikeACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello,
I need your help. How high should the ACR 08, the oil temperature go without danger? It's a little difficult because we have to convert the other values ​​in Germany. The display is 210 F then dash I think it will slash 240 F 270 F and then I think 300 F with red warning. I can not imagine that the temperature may go up close to 300?
If I drive 10 laps track I 260 Q. I think that's a very high value?
Thanks for the replies!

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
The oil temp in my 09 ACR doesn't usually go above 240 F on the track at 95 F ambient in full sun. I've been told that 270 F is OK with 15w50 Mobil 1, which is what I run at the track and so should you.

There are a couple of things you may want to do to help keep your car cooler on the track.

FYI, the Gen IV cars can collapse the upper radiator hose under wide open throttle, which can cause higher than normal coolant and oil temps. Simply install a spring in the upper radiator hose and this will stop.

Also, make sure your radiator inlet area is clean, i.e. there should be no leaves or debris blocking the air flow.

Good luck,

Dan

OP
OP
L

LikeACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello Dan,

thank you for the answer. I drive Castrol 10W60 Oil. This is in germany one of the best oil.

i think i need an oil cooler.

Where is a good Online Shop in USA where can i buy an oil cooler and other things for lower temperatur for ACR`s

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Hello Dan,

thank you for the answer. I drive Castrol 10W60 Oil. This is in germany one of the best oil.

i think i need an oil cooler.

Where is a good Online Shop in USA where can i buy an oil cooler and other things for lower temperatur for ACR`s

Your car already has an oil cooler, look for it at the front passenger side next to the radiator. Oil temps depend on coolant temps, which rely on the radiator for cooling.

So, if you keep your coolant "cooler", your oil will be cooler.

Also be sure to check your oil level at the track. I always keep my oil just above the "full" line on the dipstick.

Good luck,

Dan

Sonoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting trivia-- the '05-06 Ford GT used the same oil cooler...

Pic at VPA doesn't show the 4 hose connections (water in, water out, oil in, oil out).

Unfortunately, the factory oil lines to the cooler are probably the number one source of oil leaks on these cars. :(