ACR Track car value?

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just curious what you guys think about 'track car' values. I'm talking about an SRT10 ACR that has been used exclusively as a track car. No wheel to wheel racing, but time trials. If its returned to stock, what's an 09 ACR with 15000 track mikes worth in 'fair-good' condition (relatively speaking, the expected typical track stone chips and cosmetic rashes, wheel scrapes etc). Discount closer to 20% or 50% of a similar car without track history? Is it worth more with mods or returned to stock? The car and mods list can be viewed at www.facebook.com/viperracing.

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honestly, since I track mine, buying a tracked Viper wouldn't worry me. But that's just me. In my eyes (and my experience), if a car has been tracked a lot, then the things that typically need to be upgraded, have been. I know whenever something goes wrong on mine, it gets replaced with an upgraded piece that will be better/stronger than the stock one it replaced.
However, in the "real world", a car with that much track time will definitely take a hit in value when looked at by the general public. I have no idea how much though.

Why are you thinking about selling? New track toy on the way?

VJR3

Viper Owner
Reaction score
$46k and I will pick her up :D

I weird there is so much money that gets put into converting a showroom stock car to a track/race car and they sell below what a stock model does even with more miles etc.......crazyness

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honestly, since I track mine, buying a tracked Viper wouldn't worry me. But that's just me. In my eyes (and my experience), if a car has been tracked a lot, then the things that typically need to be upgraded, have been. I know whenever something goes wrong on mine, it gets replaced with an upgraded piece that will be better/stronger than the stock one it replaced.
However, in the "real world", a car with that much track time will definitely take a hit in value when looked at by the general public. I have no idea how much though.

Same here.

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is a tough question. I think you will have a split group of folks thateither care or not. I prefer not having a vehicle that has been, let's say thoroughly tested. Where others have no problems with high mileage or track driven vehicles. Shoot high you can always come down.

Bruce

bushido

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I track all my $hit, so as long as the owner did not wreck his car on the track. I would be cool buying the car with a 10% percent discount..

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Price would also depend on how well the car did on the track. Fastest car on the track would demand a significant premium over an also ran.

LeMans winners are priceless, used ViperDays cars, not so much.

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny thing is, track cars get way better care and maintinence than street cars. ......they do suffer a little more cosmetic damage though.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just curious what you guys think about 'track car' values. I'm talking about an SRT10 ACR that has been used exclusively as a track car. No wheel to wheel racing, but time trials. If its returned to stock, what's an 09 ACR with 15000 track mikes worth in 'fair-good' condition (relatively speaking, the expected typical track stone chips and cosmetic rashes, wheel scrapes etc). Discount closer to 20% or 50% of a similar car without track history? Is it worth more with mods or returned to stock? The car and mods list can be viewed at www.facebook.com/viperracing.

You sound like an honest guy, I'd just sell it as a track car. In my opinion, if you put it back to stock it's going to look like a street car that's been abused. Keep it as is, and your not hiding anything. I think it may be a slower sale but the right person will love your car. I also believe that your discount range is right on.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
its worth whatever someone at the time and day you get a serious offer, and you can swallow the offer and go on, one day its worth 65k- next day 45k right time,place,buyer,moon setting,luck,weather,mood ect...lol

OP
OP
B

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Price would also depend on how well the car did on the track. Fastest car on the track would demand a significant premium over an also ran.

currently own both local track records at High Plains and Pueblo..fwiw

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score

i dont get that, you could stick a dummy in a good car, and its still a dummy, a fast guy in a not so great car,and its fast as hell...... lol