ACR Wheels $200.00

J ACR2000

Viper Owner
Reaction score
To re finish four wheels? A guy here does powdercoating and he gave me a price of $50. per wheel for my ACR wheels. Sound right? Anybody know the correct number for the color? Where to get material? He cant promise an exact match from his source:dunno:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Although I've never had a wheel done, I've had lots of parts coated over the years. That sounds like a very competitive price. I'll assume you've inspected his work?

Also who does the prep, and what is his prep?

The color is probably a custom. Good luck on an exact there. There are lots of powder manufacturers though. Tiger Drylac is a good one. Check their web sites for colors.

Iceman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's possible only if they do NO surface preparation at all. Do you have any nicks or scratches on the wheels at all?

What about chroming them instead of powdercoating?

Mccarlin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is VERY cheap!
I had 2 ACR wheels redone and they came out BETTER than the factory finish. I used Transwheel and they are in Indiana but have locations all over the US. They refinished the wheels (curb rash) and repowdercoated them EXACTLY the color of the original ones. The best part was a 2 day turnaround.

Cost was $150 per wheel and i thought that was a great deal, i would use them again for sure.
TRANSWHEEL Corporation - The Nations #1 Source For Replacement Wheels

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
repowdercoated them EXACTLY the color of the original ones.

Did they actually powdercoat them ? That would be much preferable to painting; but, I wasn't aware that the wheel refinishers did powder coat. I thought that powder coat resulted in a tough finish; but one that was not very "flat" due to it's thickness. Perhaps I've only seen less experienced or less careful work.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
powdercoating them is the absolute only way to go and its not gonna happen for $50 per wheel. at least not if ya want it to last thru the mounting of the tire..lol

there's no possible way it can be prepped at all for that price and to be honest not even just PC'ing them. its not worth the guys time

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No one else has mentioned the title of this thread. A tad provocative, if not "spammy". ei:"$200 ACR wheels", that's the only reason I looked...

My $0.02, it does sound cheap, I'd ask around with other club members in your area, see what shop they may have used.

Mccarlin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did they actually powdercoat them ? That would be much preferable to painting; but, I wasn't aware that the wheel refinishers did powder coat. I thought that powder coat resulted in a tough finish; but one that was not very "flat" due to it's thickness. Perhaps I've only seen less experienced or less careful work.

Yes they were powdercoated a nice thick layer and any imperfection on the wheel was refinished perfectly.
This place is a large corporation with 8+ locations throughout the US.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mccarlin's price is right on. I got a good friend who does my favors on powdercoating and there's no way he'd do it for me at that $50 price / wheel.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi