Added Care vs Max Care Service Contract and 7/70?

rgifford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know the service contract topic has been beaten to death but here are some questions after looking through the old posts:

I have a 2001 that is covered under the 7/70 promotion they were running after 9/11. Based on the cost of an outright warranty vs the supplement to the 7/70 it seems that DC does not really giving you any discount on the Added of Max care if you already have the 7/70. What is the real advantage/difference between the 7/70 powertrain and the Addedcare / Maxcare? Knowing that my car is already covered under the 7/70 would you guys explore the Added / Maxcare considering there is not much of a price break and the incremental converge is minimum?

Note: The original 7/70 is not transferable.

So the real question is for everyone that has experience the service contracts:

Would you spend the money for the Added care or Max Care given you already have the non transferable 7/70 coverage and which (added or max) contract would you get?

Thanks in advance,

RG

X vetter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get the Maxcare, I worked at a Dodge dealer for 3 yrs in
Finance & Insurance...big difference is Addedcare is a
inclusionary service contract (covers only whats listed),
Maxcare is exclusionary (only lists whats NOT covered)...
I would only sell Maxcare to Viper owners because of that

Good luck

AJT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just bought mine from Chuck Tator last week for my 02. He gives 20% off & no tax if you do not live in NY. Maxcare 0 deductable 7/70.

Andy

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the maxcare and unless your fortunate (yea I know, there are some out there that have been successful) they are all scams. Extended warranties are studied by computers and marketing experts to determine what breaks and what does not. Everytime I bring the viper in for a problem, 90% of the time its not covered under the flashy warranty. And Im not just talking about brakes, belts, and hoses. These companies make money on the warranty price you paid them, NOT on buying you a new part. They are also counting on you tradeing or selling the car and forgetting or dont care about transferring the warranty. Save your money.

Daniel Cragin/DC Performance Inc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If you plan on keeping your Viper a extended warranty is the way to go. It will pay for itself if you ever have a major failure. A transferable warranty is great for the resale value
of your car. The best deals and customer service when it comes to service contracts, in my experience has been Bill Pemberton at Woodhouse Dodge in Nebraska.

C.Thomson

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have an extended warranty that is about to run out. What are my options? Should I just forget it? I have not had any problems really.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Save your money!! You or someone paid for that warranty and said, I have not had any problems. Im glad. Why give them another account? Look at -Kaisers- thread in this section about -- A year to remember--

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Per what X Vetter said.
Get the MaxCare!

In my lowly Neon :p under the MaxCare I replaced the Head at almost 50K mi. had the transmission rebuilt under the AddedCare at 52+ K miles, and finally a head gasket that doesn't leak. The last point was to change to a metal gasket solution. So how does this relate to the Viper you ask? Easy, your'e purchasing a piece of mind, that for a couple bucks a day is very reassuring. My only cost was the deductible and for that it was worth it.

:headbang:

Jay K.