Adjustment for window "auto down" feature when opening door?

KEast

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Adjustment for window \"auto down\" feature when opening door?

Does anyone know if/how this can be adjusted. I had my battery out for a bit and now the windows dont seem to go down far enough to clear comfortably when you close the door.

Bob K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Adjustment for window \"auto down\" feature when opening door?

I have had this problem with the driver's side door. It stays up so that when you shut the door the glass hits the painted surface of the roof edge. I took it in to the dealer and they replaced the window mechanism which seemed to fix it, but now it is starting to happen again on occasion. It is very frustrating and I am concerned that it will eventually damage the paint. Is there an adjustment that can fix this? Chuck Tator?

Bob K

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Bob- While the hall effect sensor in the door does tell the computer where the window is, I suspect your problem may be in the connection or perhaps the BCM itself. the BCM ultimately tells the window what to do, and it SHOULD make the window drop from the full up position regardless of the window position (hall effect) input.

SnakeEye

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I seem to recall reading of this problem here before...

OP
OP
K

KEast

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Shameless Bump. Any ideas before a trip to the dealer? Any way to program this features travel?

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Shameless Bump. Any ideas before a trip to the dealer? Any way to program this features travel?

The problem is in the BCM (Body Control Module) and no, you cannot reprogram the fix yourself. Have the dealership replace the BCM.

prosthogod

Enthusiast
Reaction score

i HAD TO HAVE BOTH REPLACED ALONG WITH GLASS AND DOOR PANELS. vIPER TECH SAYS HE REPLACES DOOR PANELS BECAUSE THEY USUALLY BREAK UPON REMOVAL. tHEY ARE THE CHEAPEST THINGS i'VE SEEN, LOOKS LIKE PRESSED CARDBOARD AND THEY HAVE BUILT IN CLIPS TO RETAIN DOOR.

OP
OP
K

KEast

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Droped the car off at the dealer today, I will keep you all posted as to the resolution. The Viper tech said he has seen this many times. He indicated there are genrally two fixes, replace the BCM or adjustment on the inside of the door (Im assuming this is the hall effect sensor).

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Had same problem-took it to dealer and they adjusted the door-Now it is hard to close the driver door. Need to take viper back and ask them about bcm.

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I had my 03 passenger door switches replaced because of the window not dropping enough. When i say switches i mean the tech told me he replaced the entire switch in the door itself the part that makes the noise when you push down on the outside door handle. It worked great for about a year (which is about 2k miles and 20 times the door was opened at most) The other day i was washing the car and opened the door and shut it and it hit!!!!!!!! same door.
So maybe they need to look into the BCM...... I also read that there is a adjustment for the pitch of the window, i think that maybe my problem also....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
06Quad