Advantage: Viper vs Motorcycle

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ted: Mike is NOT getting a s/c for the Hayabusa...so guess he's not a loser?

He could be if you added the supercharger kit to the Viper, lol. Loser? Don't know, but since he' got a Viper - probably not.
I've never even seen a Haybusa in person never mind drove one. I am licensed for everything though.
I wasn't speaking except for in generalities as occaissionaly there is some people that don't get crashed (like Harley riders), I just don't know any.
Ted
Ted

Ted...Mike does NOT wish to add the s/c to his Hayabusa 1300GSX-R...it doesn't need it. I never saw a Busa in person either until this year...and can tell you they are PRETTY HEAVY bikes and plenty powerful. Mike also is licensed for anything as well.
Hopefully Mike won't crash on the bike, it's his decision, but of course my worry!!
(As I said, I'm not into bikes, but he certainly can enjoy what HE likes!) No, he's not a loser...:cool::cool::cool::cool: I could not see myself with anybody else than him~! *smooch* ~juli

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well THAT is the other reason that Mike's NOT a loser, but I knew that you knew ... so I didn't write it.

Good luck to him on the bike. Many of my friends that never got in an accident just stopped riding their bikes one day and told me, "It's time to sell." and they did. I had to crash and get injured twice before I saw the 'light'.

Yah, we need to allow each other to enjoy our lives doing the things we enjoy the most. That's what life is for -

Ted

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I raced a 600 cc bike on freeway when I was at about 500 rwhp. We were neck in neck from 60 mph till about 90+ then I started to edge him out.

Now that I have about 700 rwhp, I purposely look for bikes. 600's are no problem, Ive pulled 750's and even a couple liter bikes. The last liter bike stayed up on my front bumper until shifting 4th, about 120ish then I started to pull him in and he was at rear bumper by 140's. I usually always egg thenm on when at speeds of 60-70 mph.

Definately from a light, a bike will win. The new liter bikes run 9.80's in 1/4 mile and 600's high 10's. From a light, you will be embarrased by a bike. But the freeway is where drag takes effect and a car will have the advantage. Whats also fun is up in the hills. I used to race motorcycles and when I wasnt on track I lived in the hills. So I know the roads well. Now Ill get behind a group of bikes and they'll see the Viper. Its great when after they start to get on it, they look in mirrors and still see the car right there, then if they turn out not to be the best of riders, I look for a safe spot to pass, let them get back on me, then hit it and after a fw turns they are dissapearing. When we get to top meet spot, sometimes they wont even come up and look at car. Others will come up and praise the Viper. Its rare to have cars that keep up with bikes.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well THAT is the other reason that Mike's NOT a loser, but I knew that you knew ... so I didn't write it.
Good luck to him on the bike. Many of my friends that never got in an accident just stopped riding their bikes one day and told me, "It's time to sell." and they did. I had to crash and get injured twice before I saw the 'light'.
Yah, we need to allow each other to enjoy our lives doing the things we enjoy the most. That's what life is for -
Ted

Yep, life is FREAKINGLY VERY SHORT...so yes, live and LET LIVE~!!! ENJOY life where and when you can is our motto~! And, yep, Mike may get to that point too, where he won't WANT the bike any longer, and decide to sell...again, it's up to him~!
Everyone has their own opinions and experiences with bikes...to each their own, right?! :cool: ~juli

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
a friend of mine has a brand new (stock) 1000 that im gonna run from different speeds. im gonna bet starting anywhere lower than 50mph he wins...over that is a different story.

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Plum You got to be 800RWHP+ with your setup...Advantage Viper...Let us know how it goes after you play around...Al

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
a friend of mine has a brand new (stock) 1000 that im gonna run from different speeds. im gonna bet starting anywhere lower than 50mph he wins...over that is a different story.

With all your power Plum, you better start bove 60 mph. Otherwise you will probably just spin up, unless you use a different gear, but then you may not be in your sweet spot of the rpms. Good luck, try and get a vid.

Snorman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yeah...I'd take a run against a liter bike. I'm trying to set up something with a ZX14.
And yes...I am a "Viper owner" despite "Enthusiast" under my SN.
S.