Advice: 06 Gen 3 With headers, Magnaflow, no cats... Anyone add Resonators?

Burger Prince

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 06 gen 3 coupe with headers and the magnaflow muffler system. Awhile back my high flow cats got clogged so I had Morgan at Tomball Dodge just cut them out. I love the sound once the car is hot but during cold start with the windows up the entire car rattles and makes the car sound poorly made. Also anything under or over 2k rpm is stupid loud. 2k rpm its normal. (I can manage it with driving style and windows down but its starting to bother me, IE I need ear plugs for highway use) Serious HP where my car was tuned said by adding a set of exhaust resonators in addition to my mufflers it will get rid of the rattling and drone with no loss in power. When I had cats it was still loud but this is a new level. It sound healthier now but the interior rattle is embarrassing. Love it at the track (once a mth) but the rattle with the windows up makes it a little annoying. Can anyone confirm or deny this problem or mod??? Opinions please...

http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/partdetails/Vibrant/exhaust/Exhaust_Resonators//10996

2006 Coupe
T body
Intake
Tune
Headers
Exhaust

agdetail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
first i saw Posts 4,294,967,295 :omg: you must be very active on the forum.

have you tried corsa exhaust? i know mine are stupid loud for cold startup but a bit louder than stock when warmed up. i have rear cat deletes.

if its possible could you take a audio clip with some revs of your current setup?

Last edited:

JohnnyH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
first i saw Posts 4,294,967,295 :eek:mg you must be very active on the forum.

have you tried corsa exhaust? i know mine are stupid loud for cold startup but a bit louder than stock when warmed up. i have rear cat deletes.

if its possible could you take a audio clip with some revs of your current setup?

Thats a lot of posts within his 5 month join date! Hahaha.

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm running M&M headers, no cats and the Mopar Race exhaust and don't have any kind "rattle". Are you sure there isn't something actually rattling or touching somewhere with the exhaust system? With as much as these systems expand with heat, it might only be loose/touching when cold, and then once it expands and heats up, that moves the exhaust and it quits rattling.