advice on hp upgrade

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
C'mon Stu. Over 500 rwhp and 600 rwtq with no blower, no NO2, and no heads or cam upgrades? Please. Aside from the nutty peak numbers, what would account for the torque being almost 100 greater than the hp--forget about the NO2 or something?

I know every dyno I go to is wrong but YOUR right.

BTW if you look around on this board there are others with some of the same #'s with the same mods and actually some with a little more

Name one.

Tom86ZT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know HOLD TYT in his 98GTS with just Belanger Headers, no cats, borla mufflers, smooth tubes and filters and VEC 2 got 484rwhp and 543 rwtq on 93oct. So your numbers seem spot on (TB, RR, flywheel would easily give 25 or so rwhp, no idea what kind of tq it'd pick up but hp seems good)

Tom

C'mon Stu. Over 500 rwhp and 600 rwtq with no blower, no NO2, and no heads or cam upgrades? Please. Aside from the nutty peak numbers, what would account for the torque being almost 100 greater than the hp--forget about the NO2 or something?

BTW if you look around on this board there are others with some of the same #'s with the same mods and actually some with a little more

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know HOLD TYT in his 98GTS with just Belanger Headers, no cats, borla mufflers, smooth tubes and filters and VEC 2 got 484rwhp and 543 rwtq on 93oct. So your numbers seem spot on (TB, RR, flywheel would easily give 25 or so rwhp, no idea what kind of tq it'd pick up but hp seems good)

Tom

exactly, Thank you Tom and those #'s were without extensive dyno tuning with the vec 2 (in which I had done quite a few times)

As a matter of fact I think HOLD TYTE's car is stronger then mine, if he had the same mods as me he would have more power and torque then me, add that to the fact that hes a much better driver then I am (judging by his track time/mph) and he would smoke me lol

Tom86ZT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah that car is really strong, and the guy is like mario andretti behind the wheel. he went 11.7's on pilot sports with 455rwhp and 505rwtq, no telling what he could do now with the 484rwhp and 543 rwtq and the Khumos (those things stick like glue)..........

600 tq from your car is still nuts. Great job.

[/QUOTE]

exactly, Thank you Tom and those #'s were without extensive dyno tuning with the vec 2 (in which I had done quite a few times)

As a matter of fact I think HOLD TYTE's car is stronger then mine, if he had the same mods as me he would have more power and torque then me, add that to the fact that hes a much better driver then I am (judging by his track time/mph) and he would smoke me lol

[/QUOTE]

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
me and my buddy installed most of the things at his shop, so i saved a ton there. You can gain 100hp just from heads?, that would put a stock GTS just around 500hp. then you add the vec2, cam, freeflow, rockers etc....that is just around 550-650hp, depending on what how tuning is setup

From what I understand (I may be wrong) with a set of Greg good heads its common to see over 100hp and if im not mistaken Joseph Dell got quite a bit more then that, Pm Joseph he can tell you alot better then I can and hes a really cool guy and ALWAYS willing to lend advice.