after 2 months I finally get to drive my viper

Ryan SRT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi guys. This is my first post on the forum. I'm currently working in Afghanistan and I purchased a 2006 coupe in September and had it shipped to my house. The vacation time has finally came so tomorrow I start the 25 hour, 10,000 mile trip back to finally get to see it in person and everything else. I decided to go with the Viper over a Z06 and i don't think i'll be disappointed, atleast until I leave again. I'll post the first impressions and try to get some pics up this weekend.

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations! I bet you can hardly sleep.....take it easy the first time out, especially after 25 hours of travel time.

Pythonpete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please be careful, I'm not sure how the weather is in Alabama but if you still have those run craps that come with a 2006, they are very dangerous in the cold. Don't get on it especially in low gears. Welcome to the club and thank-you for protecting our freedom

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome Ryan and congrats on your Viper purchase! You won't be disappointed and, while the Z06 is a nice car...there is nothing like a Viper. You will see once your get back, but to repeat what the others have said, be careful when you first take it out.

Having owned many Vettes, the Viper is a different animal and needs to be treated differently.

Anyway, look forward to hearing about your experience and, if you can at some point, posting pictures!

Have a safe and restful flight!

:2tu:

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
congrats

enjoy your vacation

think roll, not stab or stomp the go pedal until you get used to the torque

:drive:

v10snk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats. I have owned a viper then a z06 and now a viper. It's a twisted obsession.(or that is what my friends call it that have corvettes) I love my viper.

speedracervr4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Ryan!!! Hit me up if you wanna meet up while you're on leave. I know you'll miss Kandahar while on leave, but driving the Viper will help. Enjoy it and take it slow at first!!!

Colin

compcoupe21

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully the flight feels like 5 hours with all the anticipation you'll have going for you!:2tu: All the best with your new ride.:2tu:And be safe!!!

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This thread begs the question of who will be riding first when you get home.:D That is a very hard decision.:2tu:

OP
OP
R

Ryan SRT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well i finally have time to get on the net for a few minutes. First of all i love the car. I had a c5 with all bolt ons and this is a different beast all together. It only had 8400 miles so the run craps are still on there and have plenty of tread so i'm gonna leave them for now. On a good road they were fine once the tires heated up, but cold run flats on a bad road, not so good. I've got some goodies to put on the car this week and i'll post some more and hopefully the pics then.
Colin- yeah there is no place like Kandahar lol.