Aftermarket Hardtop Info for 2005 Copperhead

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I want to put a hardtop on my 05 Copperhead and just started the shopping process. I have come across the Autoform top and like the looks of it. Does anyone else make hard tops for the Viper? I would appreciate any feed back on fit, finish and quality of the various types their might be. Thanks Jason.

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heres the A.P.E. hardtop. It will fit all year model SRT verts. Contact Jeff Lemke (Im sure he'll chime in).

You must be registered for see images

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Jason,

PartsRack offers the AutoForm Top, (SCCA and VRL Certified) as well as Jeff's A.P.E. top. (In fact we helped a bit with the development of BOTH tops)

Please call or write to discuss more.

Copperhead 057

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I also am looking into purchasing a hardtop for my 05 Copperhead, any pricing for these hardtops maybe Jon can put a small group buy together for those of us looking to buy sooner then later. Thanks Bill

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2005 COPPERHEAD #057
2001 PLYMOUTH PROWLER
2004 HUMMER H2

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow that's nice, I'd love that, but the price will probably be too much for me .. I'm trying to stash $ for so many things now it's pathetic, exhaust, tires, tune, paxton, moon, earth, stars ...

Copperhead 057

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm not sure I like the look of the Vipermania Hardtop kinda oldschool looking, the price for the hardtop is $3995.

I'm leaning towards Autoform top or Jeff Lemke's top.

2005 COPPERHEAD #057
2001 PLYMOUTH PROWLER
2004 HUMMER H2

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've always wondered if there was any difference as to the interior quality of these various tops? Headliners, etc.

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AP engineering top is just awesome looking and fits the lines of the SRT incredibly and is very similar in lines and design to the Carbon Concept top. If i were purchasing a HT it would be Jeff's

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A friend of mine has a SRT hardtop, not sure what model it is think it's by autoform.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

--RS

Dave Moore

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I have the autoform top for my copperhead. It's the one pictured above. There are other pictures on the site somewhere. Probably if you do a search you will find them. The fit and finish is great. I love Jeff's HT but when I was ready to purchase he didn't have it approved for viper days etc., and that was one of my requirements. If you guys get together and buy the autoform top buy them from Jon at Parts Rack. His deal will be the best. How do I know this you ask, cuz I messed up and didn't buy it from Jon. Live and learn...
Dave

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i dont know if AP (Jeff) would be set up to do a group buy(his price is already pretty reasonable) and he is not some huge manufacturing facility. Sorry if i am speaking out of turn for Jeff but he really made a great product here and i hope he sells a whole bunch of them, but i really dont know if there is that much in it for him to discount much. I am sure he will correct me if i am wrong.

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the nice comments guys.

Yea, your right, I priced them a bit low to start, but I can probably get the price down a few bucks more for a 5 man group buy. If that does not happen, Jon B is probably the guy to get it from because I think he offers them below list price. Not sure.

Now that the top is shipping I can give more concrete details about it. It is $2695 painted with a tinted lexan rear window. If you want a glass window with defogger add 1k (ouch!, I know). The glass window really gives the top an OEM feel. Inside height is about 3/8" LOWER than the soft top and is finished with a headliner. The top weighs 35 lbs with glass and a couple less with lexan. Carbon fiber is available for another 1k for a guestimated 10 lb savings.

The information for SCCA certification has been submitted but I have not heard word on the status as of yet.

The last few months, I have invested crazy amounts of time and money into a new fiberglass process in an effort to make our body panels lightweight and very high quality. We make all of our fiberglass products with this new process and do very little chopper gun or open mold hand laid fiberglass. I don't want to bore all of you with the details but I am pretty excited about it and you can learn the reason why by checking out this page http://www.trunktop.citymaker.com/page/page/3976500.htm

Thanks for all of your interest. Sometimes I wonder if all this hard work is worth it, then I read some of these nice comments and it makes me feel like I'm headed in the right direction.

Jeff

Dave Moore

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Here are a few more pictures of the Autoform Top. I forgot to mention before that it has a bit more head room than the vert top. This is nice when putting on a helmet for track days. Good Luck
Dave

DWM_3814_edited-1.jpg

DWM_4235ac.jpg

DWM_3808zx.jpg

DWM_3779_edited-1.jpg

BigWavDaV10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I also am looking into purchasing a hardtop for my 05 Copperhead, any pricing for these hardtops maybe Jon can put a small group buy together for those of us looking to buy sooner then later. Thanks Bill

2005 COPPERHEAD #057
2001 PLYMOUTH PROWLER
2004 HUMMER H2
Hey There Copperhead 057!!

Hello everyone! I want to put a hardtop on my 05 Copperhead and just started the shopping process. I have come across the Autoform top and like the looks of it. Does anyone else make hard tops for the Viper? I would appreciate any feed back on fit, finish and quality of the various types their might be. Thanks Jason.

BigWavDaV10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi Jason!
Will be moving to the Boise area soon, are there any Viper Techs in the area you could refer me to?
Thanks!,
Dave

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang