Age categories for owners

Vypr GT2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<<29 when i got my RT, noticed at the Dallas VOI how old everyone else seemed >>

I was in my late 20s when I purchased my first new Viper in '96. Local club members mostly 48-65, VOI attendees are a broad range but seems like mostly 40s-60s- maybe Bonkers is right with his theory of workaholic youngsters not having time for clubs.
Seems to me that participants on this board (and all internet car forums) are skewed a little toward the younger crowd just because access is via the computer/internet.

Average owner age? I'd guess 49 or 50

P.S. to Frank- get a Viper, life's too short not to!

OP
OP
F

Frank17

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All,
The responses are great, I can't believe how many young people have them. I guess all is relevent to when I was 18/19 with a new Vette. We did what we had to, to maintain the payments.
I have had a Viper since August. It makes me want to live in a warm weather climate.
I do have more time to enjoy it than the youger crowd.
Keep te responses comimg.

Thanks
Frank

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I took mine to Spring Break last year in Panama City Beach, FL w/a friend of mine. We parked in a Wal-Mart parking lot to go buy some sunblock, etc and this guy in his 50's parked his Prowler a few spots down from us. He came up to us saying "You young guys came to Spring Break in a Viper? Damn how times have changed". While in FL, we met up w/3 other Viper owners. The oldest one was prob in his early-mid 30's.

Reaction score
I AM 64 HAVE 06 COUPE. I HAVE HALF A HEART ONE LUNG A BUNCH OF OTHER MEDICAL PROBS. jUST CAME BACK WITH THE THE GOOD LADY OUT SCARRING THE HELL OUT OF THE AREA WE LIVE IN. MY ONLY CONCERN IS I DON'T PASS OUT ON ONE OF THE DRAG RUNS WITH YOU YOUNGINS. STOPPED RECENTLY IN A 25 MILE ZONE DOING 96. TOLD THE COP (WAS A CUSTOMER OF MINE) I WASN'T DONE PULLIN SECOND GEAR YET. HEY FRANK LETS GET TOGETHER AND HAVE A METAMUCIL PARTY I'LL SHARE MY OXYGEN TANK IF YOU NEED IT. MY PROBLEM IS ON A LONG RALLY WITH THE GUYS I HAVE TO *** MORE THAN THEY DO. THINKING OF GETTING WHAT THE OLD TRUCKERS USED TO DO...

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
44 going on 16! :D

Used the 40 year old mid-life crisis excuse to buy the Viper. As I turn 45 next year - maybe I'll have to use that as my excuse for going to an SRT.

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was 11 when the Viper came out. It was followed by 13 years of this conversation:

Me: Hey dad, buy me a Viper
Him: No
Me: Why?
Him: You're 11 and we can't afford it
Me: So? You shouldnt have had me if you can't afford to support me
Him: I feed you right? Thats good enough
Me: Keep the food, just buy a Viper
Him: How bout I work more and spend the extra money to get you counseling?
Me: MOM! Daddy said he wont buy me a Viper!
Her: You'll get one one day when you have a good job and can buy it yourself
Me: Yeah, right, I'll be too old by then

I guess mom does know best :)

I still have that conversation with my parents every Christmas! :bonker:

I'm 22 now, and I will have a Viper by 24.

Roadtrip

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bought my first one at 28 (which I still own), got my '04 SRT10 when I was 35 (which is now in Viper heaven). Wow that's been a fast 9 years.

valentine_viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Bought mine at 45. Wife saw one at a car show and loved it. She didin't even know what it was but said "we should buy one of those". She didn't have to tell me twice.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bought mine for my 34th B-day in June of this year. This is likely the nicest sports car I'll ever own when you consider that "up" from the Viper means crossing well over the 6-figure barrier, and while those cars may be fancier, their performance is similar enough to the Viper that it's hard to justify the cost (unless you start talking McLaren F1 or Saleen S7 or other.)

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow! Kelly -- my Bumblebee brother. I'm old enough to be your da da da daaaaaaad ;) Hell, I have a step son almost 39

Steve

SuperSaiks

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fell in love with the car back in 1992 when I was 12 years old, finally bought one at the age of 26,,,27 now... 2000 Steal Grey/Cognac RT/10 1 of 99.

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got my 2000 RT/10 2 years ago at age 32. On the 17th I will turn 35.

In the end death will win but I will win a few battles along the way and go down fighting.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was 29 in '01 when I got my first one, and got my second one about a year ago.

Mr B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got my '95 Emerald Green RT/10 four years ago, and I now have three verts and the 06 coupe and two SRT-10 trucks. Lot's of toys for a 55 year old. The XJR Jaguar just wasn't fast enough...cool enough, but no pop. Wouldn't trade a one!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte