Age categories for owners

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Bought my first Viper when I was 35, and am now 45 (with 100k-plus miles in Vipers).

toomanymodz

Viper Owner
Reaction score
37 years old. My viper is the 2nd fastest car I've ever owned. (fastest was my 66 Chevy Belair with 540cid pushing 800HP and 698 pounds of torque). My slowest car was an Acura NSX.

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Im 27. Bought my current GTS in June. Bought my first GTS 3 years ago at 24.

It's a sickness, I'll tell ya that! :2tu: :nana:

RobZ

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wanted a red RT/10 since '92. Finally bought (financed) my Viper two months ago, a red '97 GTS. It was my 25th B-day present to myself. It was well worth the wait.

gotV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
21 when i purchase my first, 22 when purchasing my second, and 23 when i purchase my current. now 25....seems past time for another.

Flyntgr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
57 with first Viper, 58 with second, now 62 with 3rd. And I still love competing at roadcourses and autocrosses. At the Viperzone in Dallas a couple years or so ago, I had the 2nd best time in the SRT/10 on my 3rd time to drive the gen III. So age doesn't dimish quite Everything. Ask Paul Newman. Thanks for asking.

Whoaa GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bought my 99 vette about two and half years ago when I was 21, sold it a year later after much taunting from my father, SNKBIT, and other club members. Thought it would be nice to not have a car payment and just had my DD for a month or so. Then decided " to hell with that" and bought the GTS. While having the vette for a year I made a slight attempt to become part of some corvette chapter in MN. I had already been to many Viper club events before getting my Viper with my dad, so the MN Viper club was a huge influence on me deciding to get the GTS.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bought my viper new the day i turned 25 back in '99. In tee shirt and shorts, the dealer wouldn't sell it to me. I had to get an older guy to come down to the dealership to meet me b/c my cash wasn't good enough for this dealer.

It if hadn't been my b-day and if i hadn't wanted it that very day, i would have walked.

Same car... and haven't been able to beat that b-day yet!

JD

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got married and got my 1st Viper 10 years ago at age 25. I still tease the wife that I married her for the car insurance discount.

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
29 when i got my RT, noticed at the Dallas VOI how old everyone else seemed ;)

our UK club has a load of youngsters, under 40's :) Nadine was 23 when she got her brand new GTS and Baz is still a whipper snapper having only just reached 30, think he got his first at 23/24

WOW didnt now this was an old mans sports car :D :D :D ......

23 when i got my 94 RT/10 and 28 when i got my 02 RT/10 (94 sold)

Loved the car since the concept.........

Dave's Big Brakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
29 when i got my RT, noticed at the Dallas VOI how old everyone else seemed ;)

our UK club has a load of youngsters, under 40's :) Nadine was 23 when she got her brand new GTS and Baz is still a whipper snapper having only just reached 30, think he got his first at 23/24

WOW didnt now this was an old mans sports car :D :D :D ......

23 when i got my 94 RT/10 and 28 when i got my 02 RT/10 (94 sold)

Loved the car since the concept.........

Hey Baz,
Just watch it :D hitting the big 70 in Feb :shocked:
but still doing this :cool:
251.jpg

viperchick12

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Had my first Viper at age 16 (dad owned it though) :D ... sold it one day while I was at school :( ... decided at that point that I would buy one for myself... took a little while, but I had a 93 RT/10 shipped to me from Texas when I was 20 :cool:

Of course, no one believed that I was actually paying for the car... I am 25 now and I still get the "daddy let you drive his car today" remarks :curse:

The car would have been paid for in May, but I added a few additions... CCW Wheels, Tires, Clutch, Flywheel, Roller Rockers, etc.... :nana:

Made my last payment on it this morning... (still owe for the supercharger though)... but at least I have the title in my hands now :2tu:

Prfgdwrnch

Viper Owner
Reaction score
57 now, 53 when I got my GTS. Probably would have bought one sooner, but a self sponsored SCCA GT-3 car lowers my "just for fun" spending by a considerable amount. Been racing for 33 years.

00SVTdubs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had my first Viper at age 16 (dad owned it though) :D ... sold it one day while I was at school :( ... decided at that point that I would buy one for myself... took a little while, but I had a 93 RT/10 shipped to me from Texas when I was 20 :cool:

Of course, no one believed that I was actually paying for the car... I am 25 now and I still get the "daddy let you drive his car today" remarks :curse:

The car would have been paid for in May, but I added a few additions... CCW Wheels, Tires, Clutch, Flywheel, Roller Rockers, etc.... :nana:

Made my last payment on it this morning... (still owe for the supercharger though)... but at least I have the title in my hands now :2tu:

what do you do for work at age 20 to have a viper and who did you get financing through? Congrats

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what do you do for work at age 20 to have a viper and who did you get financing through? Congrats man

I'm pretty sure SHE will take offense to the "man" comment :) I dunno who financed Melia, but I was 23 when I got mine and the local credit union was more than happy to give me the $$ and even gave me a few K more when I ended up spending more than I originally applied for. I worked fulltime at a Mitsubishi dealership and had been there for 5 years

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang