Age categories for owners

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just turned 35 less than a week ago and had the 95 for 6 years now. My wife actually convinced me to sell my 94 RX7 that I loved dearly and get the viper for us. I can't thank her enough, even though I still love the RX7's.

Bought the 95 for both of us, she occasionally drove it but I took it over for the most part. She always wanted a Red GTS so when I saw a good deal on a red GTS, we bought the red GTS for her 4 years ago. Now no more complaining about my driving, she drives hers when we go out and I drive the old Gen I.

viperchick12

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Had my first Viper at age 16 (dad owned it though) :D ... sold it one day while I was at school :( ... decided at that point that I would buy one for myself... took a little while, but I had a 93 RT/10 shipped to me from Texas when I was 20 :cool:

Of course, no one believed that I was actually paying for the car... I am 25 now and I still get the "daddy let you drive his car today" remarks :curse:

The car would have been paid for in May, but I added a few additions... CCW Wheels, Tires, Clutch, Flywheel, Roller Rockers, etc.... :nana:

Made my last payment on it this morning... (still owe for the supercharger though)... but at least I have the title in my hands now :2tu:

what do you do for work at age 20 to have a viper and who did you get financing through? Congrats

My parents own a Dodge dealership and I work with them as well as at a local non-profit organization. As far as financing goes I was able to get a VERY LOW interest rate through a home equity loan.

The Viper (and several accessories) were paid off yesterday :laugh:
Now if I can just get that supercharger paid off I might be ready for another one :D

viperchick12

Viper Owner
Reaction score
what do you do for work at age 20 to have a viper and who did you get financing through? Congrats man

I'm pretty sure SHE will take offense to the "man" comment :) I dunno who financed Melia, but I was 23 when I got mine and the local credit union was more than happy to give me the $$ and even gave me a few K more when I ended up spending more than I originally applied for. I worked fulltime at a Mitsubishi dealership and had been there for 5 years

Thanks Chad! I have come to understand that most Viper owners are not females so I don't take offense to the "man" comments anymore... don't care what I'm called, just proud to be a Viper owner :2tu:

Yellow_OC_Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bought mine last year @ 30. Had the Viper pic on the wall in highschool next to the famous Lambo Countach poster (the dream cars). The dream finally came true. I could have bought it a few years ago but thought it was too impractical. I realized life is too short.......Everything I love is impractical. If everything was practical, life would be worthless. I'm going to buy what I want and enjoy every minute of it.

Friend of mine was given a Viper in 93' while in highschool. Family is very rich. He drove the first gen and then daddy bought him the 2nd gen after highschool. Sadly he has no values and no appreciation for money. His parents were terrible teachers and he is paying for it now. The lesson is don't spoil your children silly. Kids need to learn values and worth.

Sorry for the preaching but it's so ridiculous where I live. The kids are so spoiled and have no clue what they are going to do with themselves. They all leech off their parents for as long as they can because they haven't been taught otherwise. Ever watch "The O.C." , "Laguna Beach" , or "My sweet 16"? That stuff is NOT FICTION. VERY SAD

Excuse me while I get in my Viper and cheer up!!! :2tu:

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
30 years old and a 2005 Copperhead pre-midlife!

hahah Me too. Turned 30 in April 06, bought 05 Copperhead new in July. I told everyone it was my mid-life crisis.

Vypr Phil

Enthusiast
Reaction score
55 on my next birthday. :cool:

I haven't had time for a mid-life crisis yet, so I will probably skip it altogether. :) :)

Besides, I always thought that the "Corvette" was the "Official Symbol of the Mid-Life Crisis"!!! :p :p :p

As I like to say: Get Over It!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Fast Freddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
bought my viper back in the summer of 2001 when i was 34. just turned 40 last month and bought a Ford GT last week. lol, i think i am having a midlife crisis

Rich Wesorick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been tracking and racing Vipers (thanks to my father-in-law) for 10 years, and finally got a street Viper (B&W '96 GTS - always been my favorite) for my 40th b-day last month...

X vetter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bought my blk 99 GTS at 35 after many Vettes, Porsche's, BMW's etc...
Viper is the most badazz...esp after you really wake it up with a supercharger/turbo :2tu:

BDZ1984

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow... I still think Im the youngest when I bought mine at 19.. Im now 22... I love the comments of "Your daddy let you drive his car" hard work pays off

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Wow... I still think Im the youngest when I bought mine at 19.. Im now 22... I love the comments of "Your daddy let you drive his car" hard work pays off

heh, nope... you werent. I am just very quiet.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang