Ahhhhhh.....finally - nice cool ambient air at night here in Dallas

Wild Bill

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When we drove down to Viper days this past Friday we stopped counting at 12 the number of cops with radar on I-30. Seemed like there was one every 5-7 miles, one must have called ahead about our car-at one point the Valentine was telling us that we were being hit from behind for over 20 miles. Every few minutes it would go off indicating radar from the rear-instant on. Guess he finally figured out we weren't going to speed and went away. Was not a fun drive down!

Enjoy the nice weather but be careful.

Bill

Vipersrule

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When we drove down to Viper days this past Friday we stopped counting at 12 the number of cops with radar on I-30. Seemed like there was one every 5-7 miles, one must have called ahead about our car-at one point the Valentine was telling us that we were being hit from behind for over 20 miles.

Yeah - they are everywhere. And the new Texas street racing laws make me real nervous - and I don't street race, but I have been known to enter/exit HWY 75 pretty quickly (of course just short bursts of acceleration well within the posted speed limit :2tu: - I'd never actually "break" the law and speed ;) ).

Thought I was going to get a front plate missing ticket the other morning, but it was right before shift change (7:45am) - I'm sure I would have gotten the ticket at another time.

My valentine is the best asset I've purchased for my viper. Hasn't let me down yet...

Has anybody in Texas ran into any issues with the new laws? I hear the rear plate obstruction law can cost you $200 bucks. Does that include the MGW plate frame?

OP
OP
N

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Been lucky with the new laws but I stopped street racing when they passed it so...guess it worked.

Still have fun on the 'private track' just by myself now...

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
I'm loving the coooool weather we are finally getting. Supposed to be in the 60s next week! Cops are out big time everywhere. Lots of bike cops hiding in the bushes with guns. I've got a V1 in all my cars. BEWARE THE BEAR! Maybe as it gets colder they will go into hibernation at Krispy Kreme! :headbang: