Air Intake Kit

jes4fun

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm thinking about purchasing an air intake kit for my 1998 Viper, any suggestions? I know K&N has a kit but I'm hearing negative response about oiled filters, has anyone had a bad experience with oiled filters?

Blainne

Viper Owner
Reaction score
No. Been using them for over 15 years. No complaints. You do have to clean and reoil them correctly with the cleaning and oiling spray or they can flow less. But the process is simple. The biggest error I see is peaple like to over oil the filters after cleaning them.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm thinking about purchasing an air intake kit for my 1998 Viper, any suggestions? I know K&N has a kit but I'm hearing negative response about oiled filters, has anyone had a bad experience with oiled filters?

No bad experiences here. I've had the K&N filters on my '01 for seven years now. Problems occur when folks over-oil the filters. Clean and oil per the instructions and life is good.

daveg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No Problems here as well. Cleaned mine with no issues or CEL's.. If you look at K&N's site, they deny any problems related to Mass Air Flow Sensor failures etc. with their oil / Filters...

Last edited:

Bugman Jeff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you over oil them, they can dirty up MAFs. Usually a q-tip and some rubbing alcohol will clean the MAF right up. Since we don't run MAFs, there's no chance of that happening. Even in MAF cars, if properly oiled, they work fine.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery