air vent under steering column

02 Graphite GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ran a search of the forum, looked through the service manual and still haven't figure out what the round hole/vent under the steering column is for. Passenger side is hooked up to the ac system ...but driver side has nothing connected to it under the dash. Am I missing an ac vent tube or is this just intended as decorative design. I was just curious.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's a catheter hole u can use for long distance driving without having to use the restroom... first used at LeMans on a GTS-R! :D

New97owner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:D My wife asked me last summer when I was running the air, after I first bought the GTS "How do they expect ANYONE to ride in this thing with the cold air blowing right here!!!" :ooo: I had this comment..HMmmm..Maybe it will help me if the heat comes out right there this winter..heat that baby up!!! :hitfan: Well..that didn't go over that well... :cool: Seriously though...I do wish they made some sort of closable/directional vent that would fit into these holes. I may try to engineer one this summer for her side anyway. She rode around all last summer with a jacket in her lap so the "hole" wouldn't freeze her ***** well...you know what I am talking about... :D

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do wish they made some sort of closable/directional vent that would fit into these holes.

I agree. I thought it would be a great aftermarket piece for one of these, Viper accessory companies to make. I’d love to be able to direct the passenger “******* cooler” towards the driver side when cruising solo.

LIRacer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There should be AC coming out of it. As Viper John said it is a ball chiller. You may be missing the tube connecting it, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ran a search of the forum, looked through the service manual and still haven't figure out what the round hole/vent under the steering column is for. Passenger side is hooked up to the ac system ...but driver side has nothing connected to it under the dash. Am I missing an ac vent tube or is this just intended as decorative design. I was just curious.

Check it again....maybe it has a front and rear outlet and a side feed ;)

OP
OP

02 Graphite GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:rolleyes:

1TONY1....You are absolutely correct. I just went out and checked it again and there is a "side feed tube" !!
:2tu:

Thanks.....Frozen **** on the next run :nana: :D :D

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:rolleyes:

1TONY1....You are absolutely correct. I just went out and checked it again and there is a "side feed tube" !!
:2tu:

Thanks.....Frozen **** on the next run :nana: :D :D

:2tu: Just get a piece of foam an inch or so thick and trim it round to plug the hole.

OP
OP

02 Graphite GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At first I was too...If you take a flashlight and shine it into the vent hole, you will see that the light goes straight through to the pedals. If you stick your fingers in the vent and feel toward the center console you will feel the side tube where the air comes from.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte