Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Here's a link:
http://www.viperclub.org/menus/index_members_regions.htm

Montgomery AL Activities
July 26-27, 2002

On Friday night, July 26, we will participate in the Test & Tune activities at the Montgomery (AL) Motorsports Park. On Saturday, July 27, we will be regrouping to have lunch followed by a tour of two auto collections in the Montgomery area. We will wrap up the day at a local eating establishment and participating in their monthly cruise-in.

Cost: for the events $10.00 for members; $15.00 for non-members.
NOTE: This is in addition to the admission charges for the Friday night activities.

Please RSVP to Eric Johnson to let him know of your intention to attend. When responding, please indicate whether you will be attending on Friday night, Saturday, or both days. For Saturday, please indicate how many will be present so we can have room for you at lunch

Click here for maps and directions to the drag strip (for those attending on Friday night) and Chappy's Deli (for those showing up on Saturday).

Friday, July 26, 2002:

Attendance at the Montgomery Motorsports Park to participate in their Test & Tune activities. The strip opens at 6:00 PM. Gate admission is $5.00. If you desire to run your car, it will cost an additional $5.00 - total of $10.00. Track activities normally conclude around 10 PM.

Click here for a map and directions to the drag strip.

Click here for a map showing the layout of the facilities at the Montgomery Motorsports Park.
After viewing the diagram, click your browser's back button to return to this page.

There is an excellent motel near the strip which has adequate parking, especially for those who may be trailering their Vipers):

Motel name: Days Inn & Suites
Motel address: 4470 North Chase Blvd
Phone number for reservations: (334) 396-3060 or (800) DAYS-INN

Click here for a map and directions to the motel.
Saturday, July 27, 2002:

We will be gathering to have a day of friendship, as well as touring two auto collections. The schedule:

Time Activity
12 noon Lunch at Chappy's Deli on Vaughn Road
1:30 PM Tour the PRISMA auto collection
3:00 PM Tour the Knox Kershaw auto collection
4:30 PM Supper at Flip's Uptown Grill (corner of Vaughn & Taylor Road)
This is also the night of their monthly cruise-in!
All times, except the starting time (12 noon)
are subject to change at the whim of the group!!!!!

Click here for a map and directions to Chappy's Deli - the starting point for the day's activities.

Maps and Directions:

Montgomery area map showing all three locations (Montgomery Motorsports Park, Days Inn & Suites, and Chappy's Deli):

Montgomery Motorsports Park:

Map showing location of the Montgomery Motorsports Park:

Directions to the Montgomery Motorsports Park:

From I-65: Take North Blvd (exit 173) east approximately 5 miles. You will turn left after the Coliseum Blvd intersection - watch for the signs.

From I-85: Take East Blvd (exit 6) north for approximately 6 miles - watch for the signs.
Days Inns & Suites:

Map showing location of the Days Inn & Suites:

Directions to the Days Inns & Suites:

From I-65: Take North Blvd (exit 173) east approximately 6½ miles to the interchange with US Hwy 231.
Turn right at the bottom of the exit ramp.
The road to the Days Inns & Suites will be on your right, just past McDonald's.

From I-85: Take East Blvd (exit 6) north for approximately 4½ miles to the interchange with US Hwy 231.
Turn left and go under the bypass.
The road to the Days Inns & Suites will be on your right, just past McDonald's.
Chappy's Deli:

Map showing location of Chappy's Deli:

Directions to Chappy's Deli:

From I-65: Take I-85 (exit 171) north and follow the directions below

From I-85: Take Taylor Road (exit 14 - AL Hwy 271) south for approximately 1¾ miles to Vaughn Road (first major intersection after leaving the interstate).

Turn left on Vaughn Road for approximately ¼ miles to Halcyon Park Drive (2nd stop light).
Turn left onto Halcyon Park Blvd - Chappy's Deli is immediately on your right (in the front corner of the Pepper Tree Shopping Center/Plaza).

Calendar Page VCA AL-TN Region Home Page
Last updated: July 14, 2002 Best viewed at
1024x768 with:
Version 6.0
or higher OR
Version 4.0
or higher

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is for the drag racing/get together in Montgomery, AL. Check the region's web site. Hey AB, I will try to be there for the drag racing, hopefully. Still have a door issue I have to fix.

Mike