Alberta boys (Red Deer area)! Need a good shop for dyne tuning!

Usernamegoshear

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, so here is the situation. Buddy bought a silver 98 gts with a Roe Racing supercharger, the guy he bought it from had gotten it out of Phoenix area. The car runs really rich (black smoke, raw fuel dripping out tail pipes that lit on fire :omg: ) He took it to a local performance shop in Red Deer (I don't want to name them because I don't know if i know the whole story or not), but they said they did a cyl leak down test and cyl #5 showed 30% so he is going to need a new engine to fix the problem. That scared him away because he had just bought the car so he came to me for a second opinion. I checked it out, checked for codes, compression test, checked for leaky injectors, air filters etc. And everything checked out, so I figured it just needs to be tuned, and I confirmed this with the shop foreman at a different local performance shop and also with Josh @ Roe Racing.

So what I am looking for is a GOOD dyno shop, preferably one that has done some tuning on Vipers before so we can get this beast back on the road in time for the nice weather that finally decided to show up :cool:
I am in the Red Deer area, so Edmonton or Calgary shouldn't be a problem.

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go to Calgary, check out teh VTCOA websire for a few names. the one that starts with a D, can't remember their name right now, davenport maybe???

V

Venomiss

Greg Weflen membership director and Jim Tait the VCA Western Canada President might be able to refer you.
I'll send a PM with their contact information for you.

Baked

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your best bet is to talk to Steve at Davenport in Calgary. He installs the paxtons but I'm sure his guys can tune the Roe also. Another possible option is Reg at RCTS who is also in Calgary.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456