Almost saw a guy take himself out tonight...

MarkRx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Earlier tonight I was heading to my girls house which is about a 20 minute ride on some local highways. I merge on to a connecting highway and notice another car slowing down as I approach. As I get closer this dude in a A4 matches speeds with me and keeps pacing me.

I figure hes looking to run, but in all honesty Im a car snob and wont run cars out of my league. Had it been a Ferrari,Lambo etc. Id probabley be more interested, but an A4?.:crazy2:

Suddenly he nails it and gets up to pretty high rate of speed. I can see him in the distance getting close to a whole bunch of cars as he weaves in and out and causes a panic amongst the herd as cars are darting everywhere to make way for this idiot. He slows way down, and I keep to 60-65 which eventually leads me up to him as this dude has slowed down to a crawl. I figure best bet is just get away from him and make my way for the exit. I drop to 3rd and instantly put bus lengths between us. I slow way down for my exit, but this dude is coming behind me fast. I break harder, but he stays in it and passes me in the BREAKDOWN lane. Much to his surprise theirs a car broken down there, and his lane is completely blocked. I slammed on the breaks to give this guy room and he manages to just squeek by the broken car and almost loses it upon re entering the highway. We get off the same exit to put us on I95 south and he just nails it. He throws the e-flashers on and takes off. Is that to signal victory? Dude almost killed himself.

Sad thing is I had a similar scenario with an Accord on the way home. Dude cuts me off and I change lanes to pass, but he just cant seem to handle that. He brings his mid 90s Accord up to prob 110-120? and when he blew by me it sounded like the squirrels in the engine were about to explode. Same scenario, flashers and everything like he just blew a Viper away...

Last edited:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
More like he almost blew himself away.

There's tons of vids on Your tube, etc. that say "____beat a Viper." They should read _______ passes Viper going slow. Or highly modified _______ beats a stock Gen 1 Viper.

I get tired of answering all the R8/corvette/GTR beats Viper. You know it's BS, I know it's BS and if someone is actually stupid enough to believe it, well ... reality won't convince them that a Honda is slower than a Viper - you and I certainly on't be able to do it.

Correct them, if you have to and see if they have any brains. If not - who cares?

Ted

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A guy in a minivan full of kids tried that with me once... what is WRONG with these people? The Viper isn't just a great car... it's an idiot detector. :D

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, the flashers is a sign he whooped you in a one vehicle race. Last I checked, the Tango takes two.

Actually, now that I think about it, he got a last minute nomination to the Darwin Awards Banquet. He was running late.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not so much the idiots that want to race that are a nuisance in CT but the cars that refuse to get out of the way on CT highways. But there's always someone who just HAS to get on my tail be it an SUV, MiniVan, Ricer, etc. Thankfully a blast from the exhaust at WOT usually clears them out especially in tunnels. :D

Kenneth Krieger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It takes all kinds to make up a world........you know what happened....they love to think they blew away a Viper........it just makes them feel better aobut themselves, that's all.....the morons!

snakebitdave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It takes all kinds to make up a world........you know what happened....they love to think they blew away a Viper........it just makes them feel better aobut themselves, that's all.....the morons!

Even the cops do. I got a ticket for 80 in a 70 and through the grapevine heard about the cop bragging to his peers at the local donut shop that he nailed a Viper.

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just had a cop pull me over a few weeks ago. I wasn't even speeding and I know he didn't get me on radar because my detector never went off. He tried to get me to incriminate myself but I knew he had nothing to pin on me. In the end he had to let me off but I knew he was trying his hardest to nail me with something.

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just had a cop pull me over a few weeks ago. I wasn't even speeding and I know he didn't get me on radar because my detector never went off. He tried to get me to incriminate myself but I knew he had nothing to pin on me. In the end he had to let me off but I knew he was trying his hardest to nail me with something.

That's true! If he would have had something he would have written it without you even saying a word. I've seen cops just walk up, ask for the license and registration and then come right back with a ticket, no talking or anything.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960