alright, just one more question (i think)

JeremyS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i've owned vipers in the past but never a black one. how hard it it to keep looking good? it doesn't need to be "show" quality. i'll be driving it A LOT! i'm concerned about scratches, dings, and general "sandblasting" from road debris. even though it was not really a consideration before, now i'm starting to think maybe i should go with the slate. you see, i really am conflicted aren't i. :confused:

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The slate is beautiful but there is nothing like a black SRT. I have owned red, copperhead and black SRT's and black (for me) is just outrageous.

Black is a little more difficult to keep clean but really shows the lines well.

As an added bonus a black car at night, is just sinister.

Back-In-Black

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have had two black Vipers and find it is the best looking and classiest color but it must be kept clean. The best part is you will almost be forced to keep it clean since the dirt will show, but you will have the peice of mind your vehicle is well cared for. Remeber, no matter what color you own it will get dirty just the same. Some colors just "hide" the dirt better but it is still there.

I too thought about the slate, but realized I was only considering it because of the "looking good while dirty" concern. I went with the Black (for the second time) knowing I had to take better care of it and that the black look would pay off. Just put a decent coat of wax on it when new and use the spray wax such as NXT every few washes to prevent swirling. Scratches will show on any color, but swirls definatley show more on black. I hope this helps your dilemma.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a black SRT and the only thing that you need to keep up with is the dust. So long as you garage it and use non abrasive soaps, sponges and towels, you should be fine.

3_13_2007_004.jpg

lABrit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting but obvious responses.

I cannot decide between a black or blue vert. My last two cars have been blue varients and it's my favorite color. The Viper in blue with white stripes was my dream car.

Black just looks amazing when clean, though it is just so tough to maintain and i am not one that washes a car on a weekly basis so i'll probably end up getting blue.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your call definitely, Jeremy--but you see from these posts and I'll reiterate mine again--BLACK is THE shiniest color Viper out there, but yes, you DO have to keep it clean, BUT the clearcoat doesn't require waxing all that much, just detailing it to keep the dust off of it...it's an unbelievably GORgeous color, we are so glad we got it...we have the '05 SRT-10 Vert...there are only a handful of black Vipers in our area, we personally have NOT even seen another black one near us....reds are all over. Good luck in your choice, nice to even just HAVE a choice, right??? ;) ~juli

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BTW you should never use sponges(especially natural sea sponges) on a car! unless you want to,sooner or later end up with scratches on it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960