Aluminum Racing Jack down to $74.99 (after coupon)

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought I'd pass on the lowest price so far on the Harbor Freight 3000# aluminum racing jack, now $79.99. If you can enter coupon# 001-582-730 you'll get another the $5.00 off (expires August 31, 2005)

Harbor Freight Jack Link

If you order via phone (800/423-2567), the item number is 91039-2RHH. Not sure how if you can use the coupon on web orders, as I used my over the phone.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the links! My current jack is having a hard time staying in the UP position w/o creeking... so i've been wanting to get a 2nd.

woo hoo!

JD

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for the links! My current jack is having a hard time staying in the UP position w/o creeking... so i've been wanting to get a 2nd.

woo hoo!

JD

Heck if you lived by me, I might give you one of mine...since I got a lift now.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks, I've been looking for some new Jacks. The one's I bought are too high and I have to raise the front end up with a 2'' x 6'' to get the Jacks under the car.

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This jack is the "very light duty" one, the 3000#s that you want is 47746-9VGA.

The light duty weight 25# and the "good one" 35# +

Luc. 00GTS

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since we are talking about tools in this thread, this tool is a MUST-HAVE for all racers...

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=90798

worth the $30.

pretty light too!

JD

This would probably make my life a bit easier, but it looks like it only loosens bolts up to 87 ft. lbs (1044 inch pounds). Therefore, it may not be able to brake the lugs loose on the Viper. There looks to be more expensive units that go above 87 ft. lbs.

But here's the real question - Do these electric/battery powered impact wrenches allow you to set a torque? It would not even have to be exact, but at least in the ballpark before I use a torque wrench. Maybe like 6 settings or so (25, 50, 75, 100, 125, 150). If so, I could see a lot of uses for this thing.....

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
would anyone know if the back of that floor jack is low enough to get to the front jacking point without hitting the sills?

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the floor jack doesn't hit the sills on my lowered car... but on a hill it does sometimes.

I always break my lugs free w/ a torque wrench (also, i always hand torque them down just the same). So I don't know about whether they will break it free or not. I'll tell you when the thing arrives this week or next, though!

JD

FlyBryViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What both Archer's teach at Viper Days:
Remove - break nuts loose by hand, remove nuts with cordless drill, bit adapter & 3/4" socket.
Install - apply anti-sieze to lugs, tighten 6 o'clock nut first with cordless drill, hand start other 5 nuts, tighten with cordless drill, hand torque to 90 lbs/ft.
Cordless drills do make it easier/faster.

OP
OP
J

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This jack is the "very light duty" one, the 3000#s that you want is 47746-9VGA.

The light duty weight 25# and the "good one" 35# +

Luc. 00GTS

Luc,

I think you are talking about the 47246-9VGA Link to 47246 aluminum jack

It and the $79 jack are both 3000# jacks. The one you point out is much stouter and $129. It's lowered saddle height is 3-1/2" vs 3" for the lighter duty version. I really wanted that extra 1/2".... but you are right, the $129 is much stouter and nicer (you can even choose between four colors: red, blue, gold and silver).

HF has other aluminum jacks too, just enter "aluminum jack" in the search field to see them all.

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jay:

One thing for sure, since HF started selling aluminum jacks about 2/3 years ago (for $199 if I remember correctly) all the major stores (Sears,etc) jumped on the bandwagon and almost everyone can afford it.
I love the free market economy when it work!!!!

The only thing that I added to my jack was a foam grip to the shaft/handle in order to protect my "toys" from possible nick and scratch.

Foam handle part # 9282K35 at www.MCMASTER.COM

Luc.00GTS

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have two HarborFreight alum jacks, one big...one little. Not sure if they are the same as above (I believe they are though) I would not waste my money again on the lighter weight jack.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone have an update on how the $79 racing jack performs? Is it of reasonable quality?
Quality is excellent. It was a very pleasant surprise when I purchased it 2 years ago. I felt bad rolling it on my concrete floor and scratching the wheels. It's a very good deal and I recommend it. And it always stays on the front of the HF flyers because of it's popularity.

VIPORXXX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just bought the larger racing jack from HF #4000 capacity for
about $199. What a difference this jack is! This was more then I
planned on spending but after using it I am completely satisfied.
I have a problem with my craftsman red racing jack the one that sells for about $160. The saddle will not lower completely. I use my jack all the time so it was easy to justify the price

JB/SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just bought 2 AC Delco aluminum racing jacks from O'reilly Auto parts for $100. each. They are easy to use and seem to be fairly well built. I am making a brace to place between the pad arm and the jack body so that the brace will be loaded instead of the o-rings. Will be like a hydraulic jack stand.

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been thru 3 harbor freight jacks. I messed up 2 and Tony killed the other. :laugh:

Maybe the higher rated jack is better.

ViperBite

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I bought the cheapo HF lightweight at #3000. For occasional use I think it will work fine. I did however find the hydro fluid low and filled up the reservoir.

I would recommend that you check yours prior to next use. Guess thats one way to keep prices low, use less fluid.

Purdue_Boiler_Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just bought the HF lightweight for $75 (with coupon). Used it to change to EBC greens on my 01 GTS. Worked great, no problem with the sills. A good buy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960