Am I missing something? No inside trunk release and hood cant be locked?

nevrenuf

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've put 350 miles on the SRT in the past week or so.. one thing that amazes me.. No inside trunk release?? Also, the hood opener is outside the car, unlockable, and NOT part of the security system?? So, anyone could just walk up to the car and open the hood for whatever reason?? Unbelievable.

Franko

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was amazed at the same exact issues. Doesn't make sense for sure.

Seems like your Vette was a caddy huh? lol

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What do you mean "not part of the security system?" I thought the hood was included.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hood is definatly part of the security system. Go lock up your car, wait a minute, and then open it. you'll see!

But yea... no inside hatch release? I have to agree with you there...

sbtviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: Am I missing something? No inside trunk release and hood cant be locked?

There is a hatch release button on your key fob.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Am I missing something? No inside trunk release and hood cant be locked

none of the vipers had inside hood pops ever.

You can buy one for like $225

dirk989

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Wait until you drop your key fob in the trunk when lifting some stuff out. You'll then get to say all of the words I said in looking for a way to unlock the trunk manually. It just ain't gonna happen. Thank god for a good locksmith.

Dirk

redlightrich

Enthusiast
Reaction score

i always assumed no inside hood release in case the battery died, you could gain access to jump.

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No inside trunk release??

It took until the '99 model year for the GTS to get an inside hatch release. The RT/10 NEVER got a remote trunk release. I'm forever finding myself strapped in and reaching to start the car, only to realize that the key fob is dangling from the key sticking out by the rear license plate.

Most of you whiners that gripe about minor things like that - lack essential skills and character-building traits required of true Viper enthusiasts. :mad: Things like not having outside door handles. Like assembling or stowing the top and side curtains on a Gen1 RT. Or driving an early RT in a howling rainstorm on a busy Houston freeway - steering with your knee, whilst holding towels under the top header with each hand to slow the deluge into the car. Or washing the car and not filling the cockpit with water from the hose because there are no windows. Or driving on a clear, dry day in a Gen1 that seemed to prefer going sideways more than going in a straight line. All this, and loving the car even more.... :2tu:

29OUTLAW

Viper Owner
Reaction score

i always assumed no inside hood release in case the battery died, you could gain access to jump.

I’ve only owned my car for a couple weeks and this is already the reason I like the absence of an internal hood release.

It’ll become SOP for me to unhook the battery on the weekdays to prevent drain. With no inside hood release, I’ll never have to worry about being locked out and having to depend on the manual override system which is user-unfriendly at best.

TedK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

What exactly is the concern......that someone will steal the engine? If the car is parked where that could happen you've got other problems to worry about.