Am I the first ACR Owner to have done this?

Brad

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Palmer Dodge has been kind enough to Switch out the min cond ACR wheels, with a set of mint cond 97 GTS Chrome Wheels. I really love the classis GTS wheels look, and always thought of them when i see a viper in my head.

i couldnt stand the look of the ACR ones though....the new GTS wheels will hold me over until i get a set of Nice HRE's. I will post those pics later...

Some ACR owners might think i am on crack....

acrdakota

Enthusiast
Reaction score
***, so you GAVE them a set of wheels that could have easily been sold for $4500 with tires, in trade for some that might pull $2200. Wow thats sheer genius Theres more than a few people who would have GLADLY traded you GTS wheels plus $$$$ for those ACR's.

Yes you can go cry now.

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I take it its a pre 01 ACR?????
If you like them then thats all that matters....
Pics we need pics.....
Baz :2tu:

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OMG

Please dont tell me you traded in ACR BBS(specialy made for Dodge) that go for 4k+ on ebay. For a set of 17 inch Viper wheels which go on ebay for $600.00.

GET THEM back I will buy them from you and get you 2 sets of GTS wheels!!!!

OP
OP
B

Brad

Viper Owner
Reaction score
OK OK...sorry....I STOPPED IT FROM HAPPENING@!!!!

HAHAHHAHA

I cant wait until 3 months from now when i know EVERYTHING about Vipers, and can look back on this and think ***...

Reaction score
What Russ said.

Use this forum to your advantage by asking questions, rather than asking if you did something stupid after the fact.

If you use the search engine, you can also uncover a wealth of useful data. For example:

Early 1997 wheels - Are identical to 1996 wheels. Both can be identified by a weld bead behind the spokes around the inside of the wheel. Both could crack / break where the spokes meet the center hub "IF" tracking the car with higher than stock adhesion tires or possibly in street use if they were chromed. For some reason some chroming processes seem to weaken these cast wheels.

Best of Luck

OP
OP
B

Brad

Viper Owner
Reaction score
HOLY SHIET....um ok....at least i can use being a NEWBIE as an excuse...wont ever do that again.

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
48brokerima.jpg
48brokerimb.jpg

99GTSACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The ACR wheels are a lot stronger. Also I like the looks of them. They look racier.

:headbang:

You must be registered for see images

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well, it is good your got your ACR wheels back (or will be getting them back). Those 96-early 97 chrome wheels aren't worth sheet due to the photos above. So if anyone wants to dump a set of chrome 17" wheels fer cheap, LMK. With my top speed (which most of you guys do in 1st gear) and # of mi./yr (1,000), there is no way, I'll blow out the centers like the photos above. Send a PM if you want to dump a set of chrome 17" stock wheels. If no chrome sets available, I'll send mine off to California Chrome this winter. Thanks

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Send your ACR wheels to get chromed and you'll feel differently about them! :2tu:

OH, and the answer to your question is:

Hell yes you are!! :D

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Go with what you like - if the 17" fit there's nothing wrong with swaping them out, of course just make sure you're getting your money's worth back.

Best bet - sell the ACRs, buy a set of like-new 97s with some fresh rubbers, and use the difference to make some serious upgrades elsewhere (like the exhaust or sound system for example.)

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL your lucky everyone jumped on you like a fly to [******] or you would have been ripped off!!

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brad, almost 3 years I have been on this forum, and being a ACR Viper owner. This is one of the stupidest moves I have ever seen an ACR owner make. Wow...

Now.. when you get your ACR rims back, pm me with how much you want for them, and I'll buy 'em. Love to have a complete second set !!

:-D

DarcShadow

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I love the ACR wheel too. Was considering buying and ACR just to get the rims but found an standard GTS with the BBS rims. So I got lucky.

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go with what you like - if the 17" fit there's nothing wrong with swaping them out, of course just make sure you're getting your money's worth back.

Best bet - sell the ACRs, buy a set of like-new 97s with some fresh rubbers, and use the difference to make some serious upgrades elsewhere (like the exhaust or sound system for example.)

What he said...

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
If you like that wheel the best of the 17" is the 1998. It was forged and has a brighter/more polished finish than the 96 cast or 97 forged.

acrdakota

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brad, almost 3 years I have been on this forum, and being a ACR Viper owner. This is one of the stupidest moves I have ever seen an ACR owner make. Wow...

Now.. when you get your ACR rims back, pm me with how much you want for them, and I'll buy 'em. Love to have a complete second set !!

I 2nd that, when you want to sell em' hit me up.

monnieh

Viper Owner
Reaction score

No way, I want them! I actually wish I had stock bbs wheels instead of chromed. I like the stock better.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I actually preferred the late Gen2 rim over the BBS wheels. I didn't want to be constantly cleaning brake dust out of all those nooks and crannys.

Rims are like fashion, not every style appeals to everybody equally. But the value of the 97 rims wasn't there, so the deal shouldn't be done on that basis alone. Get what you like, but don't take a hit if you don't have to.

Once there was a newbie lady that took her GTS through an automatic car wash, and damaged the rims, side sills, scratched the paint, etc. Now there's your warning, newbie! :-D