Am I the only one who has terrible skipping with the Alpine CD?

toddt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, had my CD player replaced under warranty a month ago.

It still skips on nearly new CDs! What is going on here! I did a search, and apparently I'm the only one this is happening to!

My dedicated and helpful Dodge service crew lead by Viper-master John, is going to swap it out AGAIN and try another.

monnieh

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I can't hear mine when I'm driving to tell if it's skipping. Straight pipes
wink.gif

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mark Young:
I can actually pull enough lateral g's to make it skip as well - which is pretty cool.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me too!

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by toddt:
Okay, had my CD player replaced under warranty a month ago.

It still skips on nearly new CDs! What is going on here! I did a search, and apparently I'm the only one this is happening to!

My dedicated and helpful Dodge service crew lead by Viper-master John, is going to swap it out AGAIN and try another.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Was it replaced for skipping?

Most stereos have something on the back (usually a black rubber cone shaped thing) that supports the back of the unit. If that is loose, or if the tech "forgot" to install it when he replaced you stereo, it will skip like crazy.

Been there, done that. Made sure the back was supported - no more skipping.

SEASNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine doesn't skip sitting still, but it does skip quite a bit. MUCH more than the trunk mounted one I had in my '94. I also had the glove box lock replaced because it rattled so bad with any bass and now the new one does it too.

Oh well. I didn't buy a Viper to listen to the radio, but it's sad that I had better quality in my extremely loud '94 than in the quiet '01.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Mine skips like a little girl jumping rope!

When I get a round "TUIT", I'm gonna put in one of those Kenwood DVD/MP3/CD/ABC/XYZ thingys.

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I listened to the radio and Cd once in the garage while setting the clock just to see if they worked.Other than that I've never bothered with it. Bruce

SNAKOIL VA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know how to set the clock? Wow! :) I gave up on setting mine every 6 months. I figure if I drive fast enough, it will be correct at least twice a day. You know, that relativity thing.

My trunk CD changer skips on Richmond's finest cobblestone roads. I think that's why they put the cassette in the car.

red98GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gotcha' both beat. I don't know how to set the clock AND I don't use the CD player. pete the XGG PS&gt;&gt;&gt;my music comes from the headers out the back.

Mark Young

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine skips too, but not that badly. I'm just gonna put in a better head unit one of these days. I can actually pull enough lateral g's to make it skip as well - which is pretty cool.

SteveBCloud9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
O.k. Here's what you need to do:

1) Buy one of those computer keyboard compressed air cleaners or reroute your vacuum so it blows.
2) Blow out the inside of the cd player.
3) Buy a cd cleaner and clean it like 5 times.
4) Problem fixed....... for now.......

OR

1) Buy a used Alpine on Ebay for $ 71 and sell your broken one for $ 59 and tear apart your entire dashboard to replace it like I did.

Sorry JonB you can't beat that price...... $ 12

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang