Am Thinking of getting SVT 10 Ram..............

superdavz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well first of all it is a SRT 10 Ram and I love them. I'm on my second one now and it is one of the wildest thing I have ever owned.

Rolstar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I came close to buying one. I purchased the Ram Daytona Edition instead with the 5.7 Hemi in Go-Man-Go! It too is an awesome truck. I get a lot of comments on the color and styling. It is very close to the SRT/10. I added a JET chip and cold air intake and boosted about 25-30 more horsepower. Just couldn't justify the difference in price for basically the motor, when I already have a Viper. Also, the wing on the rear makes the bed almost obsolete, so no large objects can be hauled. Hope this helps.

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:eek: the lighting is the ugliest truck ive ever seen. get the srt-10 ram (looks much better and a lot faster)

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
just picked up one a few weeks ago. Will be dynoing it (stock) next month with the Colorado Viper guys, hope to 1/4 it at Bandimere in the next few months.

Seems like the various vendors are picking up steam on mods. Saw that Roe is finishing up work for a supercharger system and there are some single/twin turbo kits out there as well.

Its a little easier to drive around town where I'm at and I'm not as worried about putting mileage on it as I was my '01 Viper.

Not that gas mileage should be an issue but I only got 1 less mpg in the Ram SRT than my '97 Dakota 4x4 V8 when exchanging vehicles with Bill P at Woodhouse.

Hope to put it on the track at Pikes Peak International next year as I have with the '01 Viper and '03 Cobra years previous.

Overall, I think I'll have at least as much fun in this as I did in the Viper.

Paul S Lacey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From another point of view in the UK with Gas at over 7 bucks a gallon the SRT Ram was never going to work for me so I settled for an 04 Rumblebee #158 gets just as many looks as the SRT and I can afford to put gas in it.

BTW we have had one RAM engine dumped its insides at 600 miles and Dodge would not cover the warranty. And two that caught fire, plus in the UK we have fitted loads of clutches with no warranty :eek:

Mopar426

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:eek: the lighting is the ugliest truck ive ever seen. get the srt-10 ram (looks much better and a lot faster)

Stock the SRT is faster but minimal mods and the Lightning is in the 11's.

Ask Fast Freddy, he's already beaten Vipers and Z06 in his Lightning. :eek:

OP
OP
K

Kelly06

Viper Owner
Reaction score
From another point of view in the UK with Gas at over 7 bucks a gallon the SRT Ram was never going to work for me so I settled for an 04 Rumblebee #158 gets just as many looks as the SRT and I can afford to put gas in it.

BTW we have had one RAM engine dumped its insides at 600 miles and Dodge would not cover the warranty. And two that caught fire, plus in the UK we have fitted loads of clutches with no warranty :eek:

I know that the first ones had clutch problems. That is why I wanted to know peoples experiences. What's the deal with no warranty coverage? :confused:

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saw the blown motor one at Tators.Blew up because there was a coolant leak into a cylinder.Definately a mnfgr. problem.DC would not fix because it happened out of the country. GTS Bruce

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
all Dodge imports have no warranty in the UK which is a unbelievable joke!!
it shows how much faith Dodge have in their products...you have warranty only if its a UK car brought from a Chrysler dealership and is under 3 years old.

The guy with the ram got stung really bad, the car came from Canada and had only covered 600 miles when the engine went nuclear. Dodge totally refused to do anything about, even the Wizard couldnt believe it

The dealearships dont sell rams here at all and only 15 official SRT/10 vipers really were available, so if you want one you have to take a gamble and bring one in from somewhere, knowing if something breaks you have to dig deep into your pockets. You can buy a aftermarket warranty but the coverage is usually pretty lousy

When all was fixed and it travelled over the atlantic and back, the SRT ram repair cost the guy nearly the price of another new SRT ram, ouch... not nice.

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

And since there are no mods available for the Viper motor, you will never be able to beat Fast Freddy :rolleyes:

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score

And since there are no mods available for the Viper motor, you will never be able to beat Fast Freddy :rolleyes:

Good one, guess that poster did not see last weeks AutoWeek. Nice writeup on Macedo Motorsports 700 hp (and up) Super Charged Ram SRT.... of course, Macedo, RSI, Heffner would willingly do a 1000-1400 hp TT if an SRT Ram owner desired it, and the Paxton kit for the truck is available as a DIY kit. :)

OP
OP
K

Kelly06

Viper Owner
Reaction score

[/QUOTE]

Boy, are you ill informed :mad:

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Boy, are you ill informed :mad:

[/QUOTE]

I think someone missed the sarcasm in my post ;)

Mopar426

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I never said there wasn't mods, but while the SRT owner is spending $20,000 to get into the 11's the Lightning is doing it for around $2,000.

BIG difference.

OP
OP
K

Kelly06

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I never said there wasn't mods, but while the SRT owner is spending $20,000 to get into the 11's the Lightning is doing it for around $2,000.

BIG difference.

It really comes down to which you would rather have. A V10 or a ford 7 1/2. Since it seems (and I apologize if I am wrong) that you have about everything but a viper or off spring, who cares what you think? Also it doesn't cost 20k but about 8-15k. Then,of course, there is the uniqueness factor. I won't post more on this because I really don't want to argue. :usa: :2tu: By all means, get a used lightening or wait for the new "adrenalin" But that wasn't the topic :eek:

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score

BIG difference.

But around here, we all know you can get in the tens, maybe even nines for half the cost of a Lightning with an old Mustang, Camero, etc.... If that was the point, for the same price many pay to get Vipers in the nines, they could be running a pro comp drag car...... but they want to do it in their Vipers, so they do.

Reaction score
Have a RAM SRT Quad Cab and love it. Can tow 7500 pounds, seats 6, faster than a 2006 Corvette traffic light to traffic light(.1 mile), Brakes better than an GEN I Viper(know of a truck that stops faster?), and handles great for a 5500 pound truck.

The SRT team did a great job with the RAM SRT!

Lighting vs SRT? not even a close choice unless your pocket book is a little light.

superdavz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well first of all it is a SRT 10 Ram and I love them. I'm on my second one now and it is one of the wildest thing I have ever owned.

What happened to the first one?

I traded it in on the new White/Blue stripes one. It is the best looking truck that they have made in my opinion. There are only 200 of them and I got #8 so I'm happy with it.