American Stitches lost my steering wheel

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will be emailing this information to Carter (owner of American Stitches now Craft Customs) to prove that he is a scumbag!!

I'll bet that will make things right again !!!:headbang:

I guess that I misunderstood your previous posts. I thought that the guy was saying that he no longer had access to the items that were in the possession of the bankrupt company and didn't have a way to get them back.

I assume that when you call him a scumbag, you believe that he took your steering wheel, sold it to some other Viper owner, and then gambled the money away betting on dog fighting.

(I guess that my point is that a major reason business owners incorporate is to remove themselves from being personally responsible when a business fails. It doesn't automatically mean that they are scumbags for treating the situation that way when it happens. I'd agree that he is certainly no diplomat in the way that he responded to your inquiries, and should have at least appeared to try to help you retrieve your steering wheel. I'd say that he certainly would not help you now that you have publicly called him a scumbag even though you can now provide him concrete evidence of ownership that he could show the bank. Just remember that the bank or bankruptcy court would not just take his word for it, and give him whatever he asked for without any proof. )

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am almost 99.99999% sure that he has not intentions of returning my steering wheel and shifter boot back to me. He knows that I have posted this information on this website and others such as Pro-touring.com and Lateral-G.net. He has a chance to redeem his business integrity if he wants. But has no replied to my previous emails, before the scumbag comment, so I'm pretty sure that he has no intentions on making this right.

Like I say, I have learnt a lesson. :(

Mr Hemi Head

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had business equipment taken when my landlord defaulted on a busness loan. The Sheriff inventoried everything in the building and forwarded the list to the bank.

After providing the bank with proof of ownership, my things were returned.

Have you tried contacting the bank who padlocked their inventory? With proof of ownership they may be willing to return it.

V

Venomiss

I FOUND MY SHIPPING RECEIPT FOR THE STEERING WHEEL AND SHIFTER BOOT!!!!! :headbang:

Here are the details from Canada Post:

You must be registered for see images

Item Number: CX139483545CA

Product Type: Expedited USA

Destination Address:
American Stitches
4420 Grisham Dr.
Rowlett, TX

Date 2007/01/08
12:43
ROWLETT, TX
Item successfully delivered to Receiver

2007/01/08
Item has been received at the delivery office in the destination country

2006/12/31
14:40
MISSISSAUGA, ON
Item accepted and entered into sortation plant

2006/12/27
20:59
LLOYDMINSTER, AB
Item accepted at the Post office

I will be emailing this information to Carter (owner of American Stitches now Craft Customs) to prove that he is a scumbag!!

So where are the troops from Texas!!Time to rally and help this fellow viper owner out!
This information should be a great start and now to find out the bank they are dealing with and have someone show up in person. If I lived there I'd do it for you!

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Uh, Burleson TEXAS calling. Southern burb of Fort Worth. Posse has been activated. Who wants to be Sheriff?!?

So where are the troops from Texas!!Time to rally and help this fellow viper owner out!
This information should be a great start and now to find out the bank they are dealing with and have someone show up in person. If I lived there I'd do it for you!

V'miss... Pay attention...

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So we can count on you Dave to follow through? Let us know.:eater: :eater: :eater:

The next step should be to figure out what needs to be done. Then what I might be able to do to help from that list.

Although I might know might rights in a court of law, unfortunately I am not a lawyer.

Although Texas lets us carry guns with a permit, unfortunately I am not a cop.

Point of those two statements being that those livelihoods might be really handy depending on what needs to be done here.

So we're back to my opening remark. What needs to be done?

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score

At this point I don't expect any VCA members to try and find the wheel and shift boot. But I do appreciate the support. :2tu:

This simply turned into a learning lesson for me and I wanted to make sure that none of our members get burnt by this company.

Isn't it interesting how Carter says that he never received the shipment and knows nothing of it...but yet the shipping receipt clearly indicates that he did. Did I mention SCUMBAG???

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The next step should be to figure out what needs to be done. Then what I might be able to do to help from that list.

Although I might know might rights in a court of law, unfortunately I am not a lawyer.

Although Texas lets us carry guns with a permit, unfortunately I am not a cop.

Point of those two statements being that those livelihoods might be really handy depending on what needs to be done here.

So we're back to my opening remark. What needs to be done?

Hi Dave

See my comments above as I don't expect anything to be done.

Cheers
Jason

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Isn't it interesting how Carter says that he never received the shipment

That's new info to me. Your previous posts didn't tell us that he said he never received your shipment. All I had read is that he said he had no personal knowlege of it. That wouldn't be a big surprise if he didn't personally work on the products, especially since you mentioned that you had talked with a different person at the company. What he could have been trying to say was that without paperwork, or personal knowlege, he wouldn't be successful in convincing the bank that the wheel belonged to you even if they still had it.

Of course, your conclusion that he has personally screwed you over may also be perfectly correct.

I do want to say that I appreciate your post, since I had planned to do business with them. It is good to know that that would be a high risk proposition.

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That's new info to me. Your previous posts didn't tell us that he said he never received your shipment. All I had read is that he said he had no personal knowlege of it. That wouldn't be a big surprise if he didn't personally work on the products, especially since you mentioned that you had talked with a different person at the company. What he could have been trying to say was that without paperwork, or personal knowlege, he wouldn't be successful in convincing the bank that the wheel belonged to you even if they still had it.

Of course, your conclusion that he has personally screwed you over may also be perfectly correct.

I do want to say that I appreciate your post, since I had planned to do business with them. It is good to know that that would be a high risk proposition.

I quoted Carter's email to me in a previous post, "...I have
never persoanally seen your steering wheel or gear boot, and new nothing of
it until you contacted me after the business was already closed..." To me this suggests that he is lying about it IMHO.

I didn't mention that during one of our very first telephone conversations Carter suggested that he knew about the shifter boot and steering wheel. He also wondered why the shifter boot was sent? I guess it was my assumption from his email comment above that he was guilty especially once I provided the shipping receipt.

It was also my understanding that there were only two employees of the company, Carter and John. So in my mind it would be very difficult to receive a shipment and not know about it.

Sure I could give him the benefit of the doubt but it is way to easy for him to suggest that he nothing of it...and that is exactly what he has done. I suspect that it is due to my physical location on the globe, the Great White North.

This has been a very good learning lesson for myself and I will conduct my internet business much more carefully from now on.

I am happy to have warned others of this company and hopefully alleviate any potential problems by doing business with them.

Cheers
Jason