AMSOIL 20w-50 Z-ROD

SEEEEYA

Viper Owner
Reaction score
anybody use amsoil 20w-50 z-rod in their car, only in warm weather I know but this stuff is for high performance motors and it protects from rust when it is in storage for awhile, at least thats what the website says, want to get rid of ticking this summer and using 15w-50 or around there is what I hear takes care of it. if not what does the majority say?

2easy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FYI Oil types is a touchy subject on here. Some get there backs up about it....its wierd. Anyway, I cant offer any insight on the amsoil, but 15w 50 will quiet the tick. I had the same issue until I switched over to 15w50.

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
just go with Mobil 1 15/50 will work great I had it on my car for over 3 years with great results. I do live in Texas.

kenphjr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was posted a little while ago that Walmart is having a clearance sale on Mobile 1 15-50 -I think he said it was 19 dollars for 5qt-They are not going to carry it anymore

Viper808

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I use Amsoil Signiture Series 100% Synthetic 0-30 since 1995 on all my Vipers... The Z rod oil is not something I would consider...

Alabaster Mamba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have used Amsoil in all of my vehicles and have never had a problem at all. In fact, I have been using the 5w40 european car formula.

http://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-product/motor-oil/gasoline/european-car-formula-5w-40-synthetic-motor-oil/?page=%2fstorefront%2fafl.aspx

Now if I was going to use anything else I would use the new Pennzoil Ultra 0W40 designed for all SRT vehicles. It is used in the 2013 SRT Vipers.

http://www.pennzoil.com/press/new-pennzoil-ultra-0w-40-designed-for-all-srt-vehicles/

But, people will use what they think is best for them. If I was unsure, I would ask some of our members who have a wealth of knowledge on this subject and who regularly work on and modify these beasts. One name comes to mind and that is Mark J.