An office dispute, need a top ten list ......

OP
OP
A

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Top speed takes a while to get there, road course is variable, I guess 1/4 mile is simple and direct overall test, gives 0-60 and over distance

3whitevipers

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Road and track every issue has a section on road tests that includes a lot of info including 1/4 mile. The tests cover the last 2yrs or so of all the cars that they have tested--lots of performance cars. Whenever I've looked the Viper is among the fastest but not the fastest. They tested an '08 ACR that did 11.6 @122.6 in the 1/4 mile. BY way of comparison the 458 Italia Ferrari did [email protected](car costs 280K). The road test summary is in every issue of road and track and lists probable 50-75(many american) cars--most informative as these are actual test results done by them---Dave

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess when I was growing up the 426 Hemi(70's-80's) was the Ultimate motor (I don't even know when they stopped production of it, anyway how does it (the original Hemi) compare to say a stock gen II? I don't consider these so-called Hemi's in todays cars real Hemi's. Also I guess the 429 Cobra Jet back in the day (70's-80's) was the Ford equivelent to the Hemi.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess when I was growing up the 426 Hemi(70's-80's) was the Ultimate motor (I don't even know when they stopped production of it, anyway how does it (the original Hemi) compare to say a stock gen II? I don't consider these so-called Hemi's in todays cars real Hemi's. Also I guess the 429 Cobra Jet back in the day (70's-80's) was the Ford equivelent to the Hemi.

There were very few muscle cars back in the day that could get into the 12's stock and they were mainly special order or dealer modified. . Most were mid 13's to 14+ and none would go more that 145 on bias ply tires. I have fist hand experience with most of the cars from that era. They were way fun but time has past them by and they are more novel than anything else these days. Even the vaunted Hemi Cuda was a high 13 second car and about 6 seconds to 60.

Cobraken

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The Ford Boss 429 had "semi hemi" heads and was capable of serious HP.

DeceptioN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Man, all the office disputes I ever hear about is between Mustangs and Civics. Now because of the ZR1 there is a little discussion about Corvette vs Viper, but I think it is just because I have a Viper and they are trying to piss me off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang