And you thought YOUR car got attention?

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well this little puppy was at Captree Long Island Easter Sunday and it made us all invisible. Guess it should, the guy paid 240K for it from somewhere in Texas. Beautiful car midnight blue with white stripe. The exhaust note was really anemic on it, barely could hear it. (Nitpicking) :)

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
P

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
According to the owner, something like 120 GT's got out to the public before they realized the problem. Those had to be recalled. Newer one's like this one had the fix done at the factory. He just got it last week. He said he was determined to get one and got word through the grape line this one was available. Apparently a lot of the first lucky buyers are flipping them for a quick profit while the market is super hot. That is serious coin to pay...

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I missed the part where he paid $240K for it. WOW! I think I would have bought a Ferrari F-40 instead...but anyways..it's still an awesome car!

OP
OP
P

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Couple more.

Just some lonely Vipers

How about candy apple red?

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score

^^^
Holy cow who's car is that!? I like that color! Any info on it?

Fast Freddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if the used market prices ever drop to the $150k msrp price for the ford GT i will buy one. i think in like 2-3 years the prices will come down. i hope so :)

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad I was away. Like Jeff L posted, THAT car would take me out of my Viper.....if I could afford it.

Being around one hurts a bit more than being around an Enzo. I can't touch an Enzo ($) so there's really no pain...but I could get a few fingers on a GT and it hurts as a result.

I agree with TVC about the badass look.... (is radicalness a word? :D

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NOW IF A SRT/10 RED WAS THERE - DIFFERENT STORY - ALL WOULD BE LOOKING AT
THAT - LOL :2tu:

IMHO OF COURSE - LMAO - THAT GT IS FRICKEN HOT - I WANT ONE

OP
OP
P

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wish I had taken a picture of the ass end when it was leaving the parking lot, so AGGRESIVE looking pure race car. He gave it some juice when he was leaving and the ass slid right out sideways, but it was a cold day on cold tires.

46hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that car is awesome. It looks unreal but the only problem I have with it is the fact that its a recreation. Some cars are a homerun right out of the gate. Just like the original viper was. Beautiful car then, beautiful car now. Just not groundbreaking or new. Still cool but..

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry guys. I would have a difficult time paying that much money for an anemic V-8. Not that I could afford one anyway.
:p

OP
OP
P

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not sure but I think the production is going to be less than 1700 units..I could be wrong but I know the guy said they are making less than originally planned. So it will be a rare collectable. Seems crazy to spend 240 large for it, but who knows what they make be worth someday?

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is what is called paying "stupid money" to be the first on the block. The car is not being built in a so limited numbers fashion as to cause these prices to hold. It is not an Enzo. These guys are going to be very unhappy if they don't flip fast. I will be waiting when the prices come down.

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice but not nearly as bad-*** as a GTS!!! The lines on the GTS are may more flowing and exotic. You thought hearing our beloved Vipers being called "just a Dodge" the poor GT guys have to hear "it's just a Ford".

Got_Vnum

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ill go against the grain, its not all that great looking, and Im not just saying that because I cant afford it. Ill be surprised if its around in 10 years, or if anyone even remembers it. Ill take take 3 GTS's over the GT any day, but the S7 is a different story, its just awesome looking.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I could find one for MSRP, I would be all over it!

And you would see it on Ebay within 24hrs! :p

<font color="red"> $240,000 <font color="red"> </font> Wow!!