ANNOUNCING THE WORLDS FIRST SUPERCHARGED 9 SECOND PASS

RedSnakeGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heffners Performance DOES IT!!!! Jason Heffner just drove Russ Becket's 1996 STOCK BOTTOM END Supercharged GTS to a 9.90 Second ET @143.76 with NO NITROUS ASSISTANCE on 12 PSI AND 93 OCTANE PUMP GAS!!!!!! The car did this at MIR in 70 degree weather with a 5mph headwind in FULL STREET TRIM. All the AC was there, heater box,...[******] the mirrors werent even folded in. Heffner just called me from the MIR so timeslips will follow: The times as follows:

1/4 Mile ET: 9.90 @ 143.76MPH
60': 1.468
330': 4.230
1/8 Mile: 6.439 @113.41MPH
1000': 8.336

Car dynoed on Saturday at Heffners Performance to 867 RWHP and 818 RWTQ

CONGRATULATIONS TO JASON HEFFNER AND RUSS BECKET FOR THE DEBUT OF THE WORLDS FASTEST AND FIRST 9 SECOND PASS ON A SUPERCHARGER! (and on a stock bottom, and pump gas no less!)

I believe this also sets the bar for Heffners producing the worlds quickest Supercharged Viper! Again Congrats to Jason Heffner on building the BEST, supercharged works of art on the planet!!

OutThere

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holy SH*T!!!

Heffner appears to be raising the benchmark..... Congrats. Now offer something for a Gen1!!!!

The potential on the Dodge V10 seems limitless.

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations to Jason Heffner and Russ. These systems are simply awesome and reliable. I witnessed many trouble free runs from a Heffner car at the track and was very impressed. :cool:

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations!

This is pretty darn cool!

I wish I were a better driver... I could have done that.

Where's the dyno sheet on this car? I need to overlay it on mine to see where I'd win or lose.

:)

JD

OP
OP
R

RedSnakeGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations!

This is pretty darn cool!

I wish I were a better driver... I could have done that.

Where's the dyno sheet on this car? I need to overlay it on mine to see where I'd win or lose.

:)

JD

No Offense, put typically Drag Racing involves getting into the car and driving it. What you are proposing is called Dyno Racing. Its just a hunch, but I dont anticipate the NHRA airing telecasts complete with Dyno sheets in lieu of the actual cars anytime soon.

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NICE GOING JH.
need to work on that lame 60fter.lol
Did you drive it HOMEE?
From the nitrous guys,WELCOME TO THE OTHER SIDE.Kinda like marriage! :cool:

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow - congratulations to Russ and Jason Heffner - we all knew it was a matter of time - we just did not know who would be first.

Now the bar has been raised in the SC only arena - I'm sure we'll see several cars moving up soon - but you can't take anything away from being the FIRST! GREAT DRIVING!! :cool:

Bring on that cooler air! :laugh:

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CONGRADULATIONS!!!

Redsnake, ouch.. I think what JD just wanted to know was to see how his graph compared to see if his car could do the same. At least that's how I read it. If your comment was you have to drive your own car, I beleive the owner of the 9 second car didn't drive his car either..

Again, Congradulations :) :) :)

Gerald

jkracer9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dr. Roof will have to settle for the second car.

It is no longer a matter of time.
Heffner needs to trailer this to Roof's Dec. race in Texas.

Congrats on the fine run
Rohn

OP
OP
R

RedSnakeGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CONGRADULATIONS!!!

Redsnake, ouch.. I think what JD just wanted to know was to see how his graph compared to see if his car could do the same. At least that's how I read it. If your comment was you have to drive your own car, I beleive the owner of the 9 second car didn't drive his car either..

Again, Congradulations :) :) :)

Gerald

no, not at all. i was saying that there is more to having a 9 second car than just a hp number. you can compare dyno sheets all day long, and say your car is capable of a 9 sec pass, but what good does it do if you cant propel it to a 9 sec pass?

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is now an appropriate time to make a joke about staging the car w/ the rear tires rather than the front ones?

nice 60ft time!

BTW - what tires were you running for this pass? Slicks and slinnies or BFGs or some other combo?

BTW2 - What Gerald said. I like looking at graphs. I'll get out and race just the same.

JD

Martin D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
redsnake,

I guess you don't know Joesph. Gerald is right on the money with what he is saying. Your original retort on Joseph's post shows your own insecurity?
The point is, Joseph wants to see the differences in the graphs so he can extrapolate possible scenarios for his car. Nothing else. Geez. Lighten up.

Regards,

OP
OP
R

RedSnakeGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
insecure? i guess this is the wrong site to give a guy a hard time :rolleyes: i cleared up what i said, and i never said or implied that he didnt race his car. but to say it can be achieved simply b/c of a hp number is off base

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would love to see the graphs, but I'm sure that will come in time. Heffner does some great work, and I've enjoyed following the progress of his cars and his customers.

So what tires were those again?

I always new the 1996 cars were faster... dang!

JD

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heffners Performance DOES IT!!!! Jason Heffner just drove Russ Becket's 1996 STOCK BOTTOM END Supercharged GTS to a 9.90 Second ET @143.76 with NO NITROUS ASSISTANCE on 12 PSI AND 93 OCTANE PUMP GAS!!!!!! The car did this at MIR in 70 degree weather with a 5mph headwind in FULL STREET TRIM. All the AC was there, heater box,...[******] the mirrors werent even folded in. Heffner just called me from the MIR so timeslips will follow: The times as follows:

1/4 Mile ET: 9.90 @ 143.76MPH
60': 1.468
330': 4.230
1/8 Mile: 6.439 @113.41MPH
1000': 8.336

Car dynoed on Saturday at Heffners Performance to 867 RWHP and 818 RWTQ

CONGRATULATIONS TO JASON HEFFNER AND RUSS BECKET FOR THE DEBUT OF THE WORLDS FASTEST AND FIRST 9 SECOND PASS ON A SUPERCHARGER! (and on a stock bottom, and pump gas no less!)

I believe this also sets the bar for Heffners producing the worlds quickest Supercharged Viper! Again Congrats to Jason Heffner on building the BEST, supercharged works of art on the planet!!

Congratulations to Jason Heffner and Russ Beckett!

I always knew Jason could drive, but a 9.90 with a 1.468 60' is uneffing believable! Way to go! You are THE MAN when it comes to building the QUICKEST and MOST POWERFUL Supercharged( no nitrous ) VIPERS on the PLANET! I am sure there will soon be more Heffner 9 second supercharged Vipers very shortly!

96 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations to Jason Heffner. What can I say? I just got off the phone with Jason, and he told me the incredible news. After a hard day at the office pullin' teeth, this sure made my day. It still hasn't sunk in yet. I told him that good things happen to good people (corny but true). This guy has worked hard to achieve this honor, and he deserves it. He is a stand up guy who walks the walk and delivers the goods.

He called me Saturday to tell me that everything was just about done, and he wanted to know if it would be OK for him to take my car to the drag strip. I immediately said yes because I wanted to see what the car would do with a world class driver behind the wheel. We both had hopes of a 9 second pass, but we also realized that for a 9 second pass, everything has got to be just right.

Thanks Jason for giving me the car I always wanted. Now you need to give some pointers at the drag strip. :) :) :) Russ

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Russ
Congrats man!!! SImply Awesome!!! I am glad for all SUpercharged owners that this has finally been accomplished! It brings hope to all of us other 800 plus RWHP cars to match your cars awesome accomplishment! Many people said it would never be done, however Heffner has made a strong statement!!!

Jason
Great JOB!!!

Russ we are not too far apart maybe when you get the car back we can meet up and drive our car's together side by side into the 9's.

Awesome!!!

Joesph

We have some work to do, couple more weeks I will be free to get some track time!

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sweeeeeeet!!

Congrats to Jason, Russ, and the whole team! With all those 142-144 trapspeed cars, I knew we SC guys were just a good launch away from the 9's. 1.468 though.. dayum! Nice driving Jason!

OK, now I want details -- my own 9-second attempt up at Sacto is coming up later this month. SC only (woo hoo), I'm assuming rear gears and a good clutch? Tranny mods? Unitrax-prepped diff or Quaiffe or stock?

Oh, and Jason -- what's next? ;)

96 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks to all for your comments.

For those of you who were wondering about the tires - 17" ET Streets. :cool: