another clearbra question

Shank2117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
so im going to jump on the bandwagon and do the clearbra, i noticed a lot of members say they did the sides, by the sides do you mean just the part under the door where your foot tends to hit, or the WHOLE sideskirt?

and as far as the front, should i do just the front bumper or front bumper + 1/4 front of the hood?

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did the side sills, from as far under as you can go to under the door where everyone drags their feet. As far as the nose, I just did the nose itself and not the hood....I would not do the hood unless you are using a film that has virtually no orange peel, if it does, you will not be happy with the appearance. Unless you do the whole hood, there are apparently some intelligent stones out there that know exactly where you stopped the film:mad:

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I bought my car, the original owner put clearbra on the front 1/4 of the hood...but did not do anything else. The car was a Florida car, and possibly from all the heat the sides are starting to lift a little. That cannot be repaired and I have to either replace or just remove and leave it alone. I was told by one body shop, that when I take it off, the paint will be a slightly different shade and that the hood will probably have to be painted. Needless to say, I have left it alone so far.

All that said, I would check on the longer term effects of heat on the sidesills, as I am not sure it is designed for that level of heat.

If I were to do it over again, I would do the bumper and the 1/4 of the hood.

Peter

ssnaked

Viper Owner
Reaction score
On my 2006 FE I did the front third of the hooh, nose, front lower valance, sills, backs of both mirrors and lower rear quarters. It's well worth the money. Especially if you ever go to the track. Go to someone who has alot of experience. If there is a local Ferrai shop ask them who does their bras. They probably use bras the most. I good job is worth paying for.

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just had a new bra put on my GenII would not drive it w/o.Cover everything you possibly caan and then drive it like you stole it!!!!!

OP
OP
S

Shank2117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
im going to just take off the bumper and drive it without the bumper. problem solved and saved a few bucks =]

BennyBad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the clear bra question shouldnt be where to put it on but who you should install the film. ive seen to many hack jobs done to others cars to save a few bucks. i have a black car that has it installed on all contact points. nose/bikini hood/full side sills/rear/front quarter panels/mirrors.(i track my car) worked on the car for 10 hours and its almost invisable. if your car is with mark asked him about my car.if your gonna do it dont be cheap cause you will regret it and pull it off.

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
so im going to jump on the bandwagon and do the clearbra, i noticed a lot of members say they did the sides, by the sides do you mean just the part under the door where your foot tends to hit, or the WHOLE sideskirt?

and as far as the front, should i do just the front bumper or front bumper + 1/4 front of the hood?

I had the guy do my side sills from the SRT logo all the way under. My hood is done up to the first vent. Headlights as well.

texas_venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score

PM me and I will send you some information on clear bras. I have traveled all over the US installing kits for Viper owners and can tell you where you really need it and what film to go with. There are a lot of other threads on this forum discussing this very issue.

Viper ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just had mine done . Did Full bumper ,full hood ,sides including where you drag your feet . That area gets scratched so easy . Also did the lights , front quarter panels and behind the rear tires . Personally can't stand when you look at a car and you can see the line that goes across the hood and quarter panels from the bikini bra . Mine is virtually unoticeable . And gives me huge piece of mine . When I sold my 2000 with only 8000 miles was sand blasted along the sides and had about 8 small chips in the front bumper . Now that I have it on my 08 I drive it a lot more than I did my 00 . Don't debate if I should take it out and risk getting another chip in the paint .