Another dumb question about 96/97 Stripes

patgilm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw pictures in another post of some Blue/White GTS's and the stripes continue down behind the exhaust leaving a little blue section at the bottom of the back bumper between the stripes. My stripes on my 97 continue around the exhaust hole and connect together not leaving any blue between them under the bumper. I'm getting my lower bumper stripes repainted right now and was wondering what is the correct way to paint them? Leave a space for the blue or not? (I did a search and could not find anything).

Thanks,

Pat
97 GTS

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
96 GTS stripes were a bit closer together than 97.
This results in the alignment differences you noted

OP
OP
P

patgilm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear enough. The space I'm talking about is under the rear bumper where the exhaust exits (you almost cannot see it becuase its under the car). My stripes before I took it in to get painted was connected together. This means that there is one big white stripe after the hole for the exhaust. I saw some where the stripes in that area were separated.

Pat G.
97 GTS

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS">The little 2 inch section forward of the exhaust pipe outlet underneath the rear facia is solid white on 1996 GTS's. All other areas have blue between the stripes. </FONT f>

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by genXgts:
learn something new everyday.....

have to compare next time I cruise with MotorCityMadMan in his 96!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know Ryan. My exhaust is pretty intimidating, do you really want to get that close to the exhaust tips to check out the paint? Dang, I love my exhaust!!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dale04SS