another speakers replacement question.

musicncars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello, I am ready to upgrade my speakers. I have read many great posts on here as to which speakers to get etc. Now, I need some info on how to change the speakers. more specifically, how to remove the door panels. is this pretty simple? any advice? It's a 2008 vert.
thanks,
benjamin

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol....don't remove the door panels... just undo the 3 screws at the perimeter of the speaker cover... then just unclip the wires.. use a flashlight and u will see a cylindrical black connection(see below).. you have to push the proximal end in and lift up the clip...then u can connect your speaker wires to the black cylindrical connectors using those fancy redgizmos below or you can just strip the insulation of both set of wires, braid together and cover with electrical tape.. once you have done this once it is a 5-10 minute job

kickers are the way to go imho

http://forums.viperclub.org/srt10-s...7959-installed-kicker-ks600-6-5-speakers.html

You must be registered for see images

kickers also have their own graphite cover which just snaps on after install.. i like the look better than stock..

k2.JPG

Last edited:

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
As Wallbanger mentioned - no need to remove the door panel to change out the speakers. If you ever do need to remove the door panel - use extreme caution as the top plastic strip is very flimsy and will split very easily. There is a strong spring clip holding this plastic piece in place that you need to get at to remove the panel.

JTOJR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
They look great & not too expensive do they sound a lot better than stock?

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
way way way better, with the top down you cannot hear the stereo at >60mph, no problems hearing with the upgrade

ACRBruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I find myself resting my left knee against the speaker grill a lot and sometimes press it in quite bad during hard corners and I'm looking to replace the factory speakers also but looking for a model that has nice strong grills that have no sharp ridges to dig into my knee.
Besiides the door speakers, what are the options for the two speakers behind the seats?

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I find myself resting my left knee against the speaker grill a lot and sometimes press it in quite bad during hard corners and I'm looking to replace the factory speakers also but looking for a model that has nice strong grills that have no sharp ridges to dig into my knee.
Besiides the door speakers, what are the options for the two speakers behind the seats?
There are a few threads out there on this subject, here is one I started. I ended up getting the kicker. I will be installing it this weekend. http://forums.viperclub.org/srt10-srt10-coupe-discussions/621210-7-center-speaker-replacement.html