Another thing the Gen 5 and the C7 have in common.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LoL

Seems like there are peeps like me, who although respect the vette performance previously, never liked the design and would not consider one. The C7 I find appealing in design. So I think they did a good job in reaching to new potential owners, and in doing so, may have left some behind who were true to the old design. I know some people hate the new look, I have a hard time understanding their description of the car, to me it's craxy Ferarri like in its looks, how that can be a bad thing, I have no idea. But if we all had the same opinion, there'd be one car design in the world.

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I used to be more of a die hard classic Vette fan. Grew up around them and always liked the old style. The C4 and C5 designs started getting a little bland (though I'll attribute the C4's looks to the 80's). My parents still have a C5 and I'll admit, it's a great car. Tons of space in the back, awesome gas mileage, and pretty sporty for a base model, though it doesn't stand out all that much. Almost looks like the round nosed firebird/camaros of the day. When the C6s came out, I was in the "exposed headlights are crap" camp because I always liked the hidden headlight look. However, the more I see them the more I've started to like the C6s (though I still love the C2 and my C3 design the most). The new design is definitely fresh and certainly more in your face. It really looks like an exotic again, though I waffle of the tail design. Seeing one standing still in person the design flows well, but seeing one going down the road I don't think I really like it much. Seems too squared off. That being said, they're still amazing cars for the money.

OP
OP
N

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed. I've owned two C6's myself. Base Z51 when they first came out, and later a Z06. I modified both to run in the 10s.

The base C7 is only popular now, because it is the newest thing. Just like when I had the first C6 around. It got a lot of attention, good magazine reviews, etc.. Then a year later, when they became sorely common on the highways, it was paid very little attention. When the wide body Z06 came out, people all but forgot the base model. I expect the same to happen in a year, when they release the wide body C7. Those who bought the base cars will have lost the buzz by then.

I agree on the tail design, it simply doesn't flow. The rest of the car looks great, IMHO. I still think the wide body C6 is far sexier than the C7, though. ZR1/Z06 will look good for decades, IMHO.

strykergts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
. I still think the wide body C6 is far sexier than the C7, though. ZR1/Z06 will look good for decades, IMHO.

I couldn't agree more. The C6Z cars will be a timeless design. If I forget about the issues I had, I really did enjoy the car and its looks. I also agree that the rear is botched, and looks out of place with the rest of the car.

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
It's going to be weird when these become really common on the roads. Since it is such an exotic design compared to the current Vettes it's going to be odd to see them everywhere. Granted the ones I've seen have typically been pretty bright colors, so maybe they'll blend a little better with something more muted.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4