Another Viper sells at auction...

Tusc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 97 seemed to have a lot of work invested in it. If it was a pristine example with low miles, I'd say $41,000 was a blind steal. Cool purchase!

I never find anything too interesting at the auctions around here.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A 2002 RT/10 for $51K? What was in the car, gold? Unless it was brand new that is too expensive and is a unique example. The person could have purchased one from just about anywhere else for less, unless is was brand new. Heck look in our classifieds.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i call BS on both cars. totally over priced......

i smell a lot of BS going on with these cars being "sold" what idiot would pay 51K for that car ?

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What are the buyer and seller fees at Mecum ?

The 02 here is a bargain compared to the Barret Jackson 02 RT that went for like $69k plus fees in the last 14 days...

http://forums.viperclub.org/rt-10-gts-discussions/633153-barrett-jackson-viper.html

Looks like the Gen2s RT/10s are bringing the money... I like them but because I only have one I prefer the GTS... I was thinking about adding an RT/10 at some point but the Gen2 prices are staying pretty high so maybe it will be a Gen1 car...

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is what auctions are designed to do. They generally (with exceptions) increase the sales price of items. I don't find it extraordinary that a Viper would sell for more than it might sell privately.

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i call BS on both cars. totally over priced......

i smell a lot of BS going on with these cars being "sold" what idiot would pay 51K for that car ?

It's yellow... :D Although, I paid $35K for the identical car last fall (11K miles). The only difference is mine was not a one owner and I do not have all the records (searching). Big deal... I though I paid too much, but I wanted it. So I got a steal compared to that.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is no correlation between real world used Viper values and these recent auction prices.

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's yellow... :D Although, I paid $35K for the identical car last fall (11K miles). The only difference is mine was not a one owner and I do not have all the records (searching). Big deal... I though I paid too much, but I wanted it. So I got a steal compared to that.

What he said...it's YELLOW. Would have brought $60k + if the engine had been detailed in YELLOW.:2tu::D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang