any 08 hood swaps done in miami?

BennyBad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
whating to do the 08 hood swap on my 06 bumblebee. but would need someone local to do the paint and fit. anyone done it yet or could recommend someone that could. Or any of you viper gurus out there would be able to do a mail order already painted hood, like they do with the hardtops. i know that the problem is i have a striped car, but would assume its a factory standard. thanks for any help or input. benny

V

Venomiss

whating to do the 08 hood swap on my 06 bumblebee. but would need someone local to do the paint and fit. anyone done it yet or could recommend someone that could. Or any of you viper gurus out there would be able to do a mail order already painted hood, like they do with the hardtops. i know that the problem is i have a striped car, but would assume its a factory standard. thanks for any help or input. benny

Calling south Florida members....surely someone has done one.

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doug Levin is down there with you..I am sure he can recommend someone.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You cannot do a mail order hood already painted to match your existing color. The color should be matched to the car. You might want to try the body shop that does all the work for the Collection in Coral Gables. They do all of the Ferraris, Aston Martins, Porsches, etc. Call the collection service department and see who they currently use. You also might give Braman Rolls Royce and Bentley a call on Biscayne Blvd in Miami and ask them the same question. If you really want it done correctly by someone who has already done quite a few conversions with and without stripes, call Mark Jorgensen at Woodhouse. They have the best Viper body shop in the country. Also, I would guess that even with the transportation out there and back, they might not be that much more than one of the top local shops for the same work. You also could have them put on a few goodies while the car is out there.

OP
OP
B

BennyBad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
tryed the collection out source and they have a 4-6 week backlog maybe, got a call out to doug levin ,played phone tag. spoke to wood house (were my car came from) not feasible, only if i trade for a acr would it go back. and will call 2 venomous hes done it to his car. . thanks so far everybody. benny

Ray W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mark Leslie at University Dodge in Davie. Also had my side sills done by Stutgartt Auto body in Ft Laud. a few years back Maurice was a member of the VCA at one time.