Any advice on installing an Auto Meter Shift Light?

SRTim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has installed one of these, and if so....any advice on the wiring and mounting would be helpful!

Thanks,
Tim

Venom 1000TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tim,
I put one on my 96GTS. I purchased a steering column replacement part from dodge.. around $10 so I could keep my original one. I mounted the shift light on that. I took apart the whole dash so I could splice right into the factory tach. for the RPM siganl. It took a little time but it's fairly easy. Good luck!

OP
OP
S

SRTim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks dean---but the one on the VCA website is an Armtech, and I have a Auto Meter shift light. I believe the installation is slightly different. My main concern is the wiring...I'm not real good with electronics...

Tim

Ed Robertson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recently installed the Auto Pro Shift Light in my Viper, below is some information.
You will need a special Auto Pro Model Number 5340 it will have to have the pulse changed to 2.5 (this is done by Auto Pro). The Red wire goes to a switched 12 volt positive wire. The Black wire goes to a chassis or engine ground. The Green wire goes to pin C-31 on the PCM itself, this is on the Gray Module. It is the tachometer driver, and is the Gray wire with a Light Blue stripe on it. You can contact Auto Pro Customer Service/Technical Support at 815-895-8141 if you have questions.
Installation is pretty simple.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96