Any custom orders out of 'production scheduled' status

OP
OP

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
it's possible to arrange a factory pick up this late in the game??
No stripes or carbon here. I didn't want to chance making my order any later, so skipped the carbon. I'll add those myself.

I've arranged through my dealership to fly to Detroit this Thursday to pick my car up in person, and I'll drive it back to Houston. 1,300 miles should be a suitable break-in period. That was the only way I could guarantee the car arrived before Hot Rod Power Tour, which is June 1-9. The Viper will be doing the long haul on that tour, too. Along with a friend who has his 2013 LE already.

Tony

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
it's possible to arrange a factory pick up this late in the game??

No plant tour. Just picking the car up and driving it home. This was due to the event I'm attending, which the dealership and I both agreed on it being used for a marketing/PR vehicle when the car was first ordered. I run a wheel business, the Viper is a marketing tool for me. :)

sjfirebird

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My GTS with Shadow Blue Pearl and Billet Silver stripes, and upgraded stereo just hit frame status today. Impatiently waiting. Ordered in early November! Missed original May 9 ship date. I am guessing 4-6 weeks before delivery but hoping for better.

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My GTS with Shadow Blue Pearl and Billet Silver stripes, and upgraded stereo just hit frame status today. Impatiently waiting. Ordered in early November! Missed original May 9 ship date. I am guessing 4-6 weeks before delivery but hoping for better.

Congrats! I live in San Jose too. Were you at the AMLS Laguna Seca race? I may have met you.

I'm guessing 3-4 weeks and you will be behind the wheel

OP
OP

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
in 'final inspection' now for two weeks. Called and they still cant give me an estimated shipping date. ***!! is going on?

strykergts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine has been in "shipment" nearly 2 weeks now. Supposedly it will be in on Tuesday. I'm not holding my breath.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I picked up my white coupe today at the plant, as mentioned before the car will be used for marketing my company, SRT, and ViperExchange. Those of you who ordered custom cars will be glad to know they have a LOT of custom cars around the plant now. Very few LE or red track pack cars there today. I took a lot of photos, enjoy:

http://s466.photobucket.com/user/ynotdv8/library/2013 Viper?sort=2&page=1

Let me know if I got a pic of any of your cars :)

Tony

viper04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony
Nice pic's thanks for posting. Post your feed back on the car when you get some seat time.

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
But the CEO said the cars would be shipped "well before Easter" LOL If it comes it comes. I'm zipping around in a brand new Maserati today in the rain....and having a blast!!

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
But the CEO said the cars would be shipped "well before Easter" LOL If it comes it comes. I'm zipping around in a brand new Maserati today in the rain....and having a blast!!
Right, but he didn't say which Easter. For all you know he may have meant Easter of 2023.

sjfirebird

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just moved from frame to trim yesterday. One week in frame is pretty good based on what I've been reading. Hoping for another 2-3 weeks for delivery. Crossing my fingers....

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
good for u guys. as for guys still in D1....what's a realistic expectation at this point? June build with July delivery?

Chelseasnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
its gets better. for some of us in canada i was told that if you ordered a srt with track pak wheels. those cars will not be built. the plant is running out of the wheels. the option now is take the car with black rattler wheels or no car for you. now if the car has no vin i could see that happening but not when the car has a vin. i think srt should say order what you want for a car , and we will send you what we want. next thing it will be take the car with no motor [ back order ] or no car for you. i have 2 cars on order one srt and one gts. both cars were ordered with the track pak. but only the gts car will get them. nice

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think (and hope) that everyone currently in D1 should have delivery within 60 days.

That's rough for u Canadians. U guys always seems to get the short end for some reason? I remember Lambo guys in Canada saying how much more they cost there too.

chorps

Enthusiast
Reaction score
its gets better. for some of us in canada i was told that if you ordered a srt with track pak wheels. those cars will not be built. the plant is running out of the wheels. the option now is take the car with black rattler wheels or no car for you. now if the car has no vin i could see that happening but not when the car has a vin. i think srt should say order what you want for a car , and we will send you what we want. next thing it will be take the car with no motor [ back order ] or no car for you. i have 2 cars on order one srt and one gts. both cars were ordered with the track pak. but only the gts car will get them. nice

Wow, that must ****. I am so glad I kept my ACR, I was tempted to get a SRT with track pack only.

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
so 2.5 months from frame til u got the car? I thought other orders moved faster. then again me & venomv are still D1 and are in the dark....got a flash light? lol

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I was at the plant last week, I discussed the delays with the plant manager and the chief engineer. The build times on the earlier cars weren't as consistent, and most of the delays are a result of suppliers not getting parts there in time. They have been improving that process. I saw a few cars parked off to the side, waiting on a single part or two. Just growing pains, while they try to ramp up production and stock the proper amount of parts per day. The day I was there, they ran out of frames because the supplier's truck was a day late. Just an example.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2004Fangs