Any Experiences With Roe Racing Front Bumper Fascia Cooling Duct?

Johann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Since it looks like I'll eventually have to install a front license plate (GRRR!) with the accompanying loss of air flow to the radiator/cooler, I'm looking at Roe Racing's cooling duct kit.
Anyone ever installed one of these? Ease of installation? Results?

fuelman

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
My was installed last January, it does not do much at low speeds, but on the highway I run right at 180 F. I have the 180 thermostat. On Road Atlanta two weeks ago I made 5 plus laps and the car never went above 195 F, I was peddle to the floor in every gear, 4500 rpm in 4th on the back stretch. I believe it works well, maybe Dodge should have designed the car with it as a factory option!

JimT 99RT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just put mine in, cutting the hole in the fascia was a pain, but if you are patient it's not to bad. I used a serrated knife. I roughed the hole in and then filed it down smooth and square. I figured that the bottom of my fascia is seriously scraped anyway so what difference did cutting a hole in it make. When the mod is done, it looks good from underneath the car. A propane torch was the ticket to bending the radiator shroud down. I did not rivet the frame cover piece, I drilled a couple of small bolt holes in my 999-recall frame supports and bolted the cover on so it can be easily removed. The mod does not make a difference at low speeds but at highway speeds it definitely cools the car down at least 10 degrees or better with a standard thermostat. What I am really curious about is how it reduces lift on the front end at speeds above 150mph. I did this mod at the same time as a radiator flush and fill including the block plugs and replacing the stock radiator hoses with Sean’s silicon hoses.

OP
OP
J

Johann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Glad to hear the positive feedback.
Is the kit entirely bolts and rivets or is there glass work involved? Looking at the pieces on their website it's hard to tell how it's assembled.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put it on my Gen1, because the front end felt loose at high speed. All oem vipers have some problem with high pressure under the dam, this inturn can make the front end feel light. It solved that problem, as a side benfit the temp also came down a bit. I also installed it on my Gen2

JimT 99RT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I do not know what you mean by glasswork. The kit includes five sheet metal pieces, a cardboard cutout template, and rivets to attach the pieces to the fascia. Sean will probably send you the installation instructions if you email him. Basically you cut the hole in the fascia, cut the same hole in the radiator shroud above the fascia, heat and bend the remaining part of the radiator shroud down to allow the air to directly flow into the radiator and then attach the sheet metal pieces around the cutout to frame it in, and then attach the large frame cover piece.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dale04SS